One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Apparently a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior was sighted at SDCC. It appears to be the old Majestic figure but with a new body. Did anyone see it and do you know who the manufacturer is?

Here's a pic:

Any info would be much appreciated...

CHEERS!

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Hi guys,

Apparently a Battlestar Galactica Colonial Warrior was sighted at SDCC. It appears to be the old Majestic figure but with a new body. Did anyone see it and do you know who the manufacturer is?

Here's a pic:

Any info would be much appreciated...

CHEERS!
Interesting. Well, I don't have any new info to offer about this so I too
would like to know as well. I have Apollo and two Cylon Warriors (Gold and Silver) in my collection.
I bought all the Micro Machine diecast versions of the "Viper" from the classic and reboot series. The
diecasts Vipers displays well with the Apollo figure.
:thumb

·
i draw pictures.....
2,040 Posts
i'm pretty sure that's a BBi body & headsculpt! it's the old afrika "rudi" head and body..just might be a bash by someone there...

Miguel

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm thinking this is a bash someone wants to sell rather than an upcoming new release. After all, new or upcoming releases don't usually have a price tag stuck on the base.

The body proportions make me think the body may be a BBI G3, the hands and the bulky chest look about right for that.

This is Michael Crawford's review of the original Apollo:

http://www.mwctoys.com/REVIEW_042505a.htm

The body proportions are completely different.

I'm sure someone must have seen it....

CHEERS!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Majestic Cylon can still be found hereabouts, just try eBay. As regards the new series Centurion, Moebius make a nice model kit in 1/6, but, only get one if you have an airbrush. It's nigh on impossible to get a good finish with anything else, and believe me I've tried!

CHEERS!

·
Registered
130 Posts
A few years ago Amok Time Toys had the license for classic BSG in 1/6th scale. They rereleased the Majestic Cylon with some alterations. Instead of restarting the human figures with new sculpts of Apollo, Starbuck, and Adama, they planned to continue the line and produced prototypes of Athena, Boomer, Tige, Caine (Llyod Bridges) and Lucifer. Despite a cool display at Toy Fair and an implied commitment to go deep into the character pool the figures never got produced. The pre-order numbers weren't there so there was no confidence for a successful run. Recently Amok Time finally released the Blacula figure that was teased around the same time as the BSG figures so who knows? Maybe with the expansion of interest in 1/6th will bring this line back to life IF AT is interested in doing it, and still has the license.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
You never know, there is still interest in the classic BSG. I guess there are folk that, like me, remember it first time round, and then there are those discovering it through the newer series.

It was the first sight of that pic that made people think that someone was making them again.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
The Majestic Cylon can still be found hereabouts, just try eBay. As regards the new series Centurion, Moebius make a nice model kit in 1/6, but, only get one if you have an airbrush. It's nigh on impossible to get a good finish with anything else, and believe me I've tried! CHEERS!
Actually Majestic made the new series Centurion as well as the old series Cylon. Theirs is far superior to the Moebius model, and I've seen arguments that it's closer to true 1/6 than the Moebius, but it was much more expensive unless you were lucky to get a deal. Also, it is very delicate.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That one passed me by! Did the eye light up? I have a kit for the Moebius kit that can do that.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
That one passed me by! Did the eye light up? I have a kit for the Moebius kit that can do that. CHEERS!
The eye did the exact opposite of lighting up, and was ridiculed for it. Package ludicrously proclaimed "red eye movement accomplished using a lenticular process. Allows eye movement without batteries." Not only did the "lenticular" strip do nothing but you could barely even see it.

http://en.battlestarwiki.org/wiki/Majestic_Studios

Other aspects are good though and it looks great. Made with access to the actual CGI specs which is nice. It has limited movement but a nice choice of hand/cannon variants. It's a resin/plastic mix and the fingers are needle thin and very brittle, also it was very poorly packaged -- large styrofoam package like a statue, but poor internal supports. Majestic and the SciFi Channel made a Battle Damaged edition for SDCC, but I think most regular ones became "battle damaged" on their own. :wink

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
Also fully 13.5" tall, or 15" on the base.

·
Registered
165 Posts
The booth that the figure in question is a part of is at every SDCC and Wondercon. It is a guy with a bunch of old figures, all out of the box, some kitbashed or modified. He has 1:1 prop weapons (a really cool biker scout pistol from Return of the Jedi that he wanted $900 for) as well as model ships of all different scales.

His booth is sort of like finding that crazy awesome vendor at a flea market or a really great garage sale. Some of the things look beat to hell, others look pretty good. He has had that figure for over a year available as I saw it at Wondercon in April 2013 and last year's SDCC as well. The reason he still has so much stuff from previous years is that he does not price the items like a crazy awesome vendor at a flea market....

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If the head on that Centurion was hollow it could be possible to put the light kit I have in it. It looks to be about the same size as the Moebius kit. The ZOIC one that the Majestic figure is taken from is from earlier seasons and the Moebius is taken from later ones.

CHEERS!

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The booth that the figure in question is a part of is at every SDCC and Wondercon. It is a guy with a bunch of old figures, all out of the box, some kitbashed or modified. He has 1:1 prop weapons (a really cool biker scout pistol from Return of the Jedi that he wanted $900 for) as well as model ships of all different scales.

His booth is sort of like finding that crazy awesome vendor at a flea market or a really great garage sale. Some of the things look beat to hell, others look pretty good. He has had that figure for over a year available as I saw it at Wondercon in April 2013 and last year's SDCC as well. The reason he still has so much stuff from previous years is that he does not price the items like a crazy awesome vendor at a flea market....
Interesting,

If I knew how much that warrior was I might have had someone grab him for me.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
5,655 Posts
If the head on that Centurion was hollow it could be possible to put the light kit I have in it. It looks to be about the same size as the Moebius kit. The ZOIC one that the Majestic figure is taken from is from earlier seasons and the Moebius is taken from later ones. CHEERS!
"It is made up of hand poured poly-resin, hard plastic ABS and soft plastic PVC" so the head is solid, being cast rather than molded. I suspect it would be fairly easy to recast one -- it has clean lines -- and find a way to put that kit inside, but I doubt you could convincingly get the finish to match. Probably there are people here on OSW (not me) with skill to pull that off.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I couldn't pull off the finish on the model kit and have shelved it for the time being. Most would airbrush the entire thing with Alclad, but I don't have the facilities to do that.

CHEERS!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts