One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BGT US Civil War - Union trimmed shell jackets

Hi all,

Battle Gear Toys have finally released shell jackets with trimming on for Union mounted troops :

Artillery

Cavalry

Dragoons

Sharps

Cavalry buggler

If I had known, I would have waited when I was making my Union Cavalry Sgt. Maj. figure . It took me hours to put trimming and supplementary buttons on the default shell jacket!

The buggler jacket looks good anyway! ;)

·
Well Rumpled
1,014 Posts
Auggie had reasons why he made a version of the shell jacket with a shorter collar and only one row of collar braid but I wish he had made the proper one.There were some contracts let through St Louis to produce a shell jacket with one row of lace but this was a small percentage of the whole amount produced. These do have the correct number of buttons, 12. (While Side Show's special musicians model has 12, the regular run they made only had 11)

·
Registered
255 Posts
I've been waiting for the Artillery version from BGT for over a year and can now finish a project that has been sitting on the way back burner. I have some on order and expect them next week. He has also released a new Colt SAA with removable cylinder that looks pretty good. New grist for the western fans and replacements for the Patton revolvers.

·
Da revolution is here!
1,979 Posts
Definately good news for ACW fans, and I know how long Mac has been waiting for these...Those new revolvers do look pretty nice as well.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hatman said:
Auggie had reasons why he made a version of the shell jacket with a shorter collar and only one row of collar braid but I wish he had made the proper one.There were some contracts let through St Louis to produce a shell jacket with one row of lace but this was a small percentage of the whole amount produced. These do have the correct number of buttons, 12. (While Side Show's special musicians model has 12, the regular run they made only had 11)
Well, I guess there's also only one lace because of the size of BGT buttons, which is due to short collar as you said too - I've noticed that the CSA officer shell jacket has a higher collar. On the jacket of my custom figure I put 2 laces on the collar though. I also used BGT Union buttons for it, and did the trimming before I received the button pack. Then I finally could put only one button on each side of the collar for 2 laces. Anyway these jackets looks good to me and it's better than doing my own trimming which was a long piece of work!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts