One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't get surprised often - Hot Toys managed to do it with their release of the Batman Forever pair of figures. My review is here:

or you can find it in the usual spot:

Thanks for reading!

· 1/6 Hoarder
1,200 Posts
I thought this was a weird choice by Hot Toys. It's one of the lesser Batman films to make figures from. That being said, like you mentioned in your review, the costumes look very restrictive. It kind of hurts the value in my opinion but for this level of quality Hot Toys is your only option.

· Registered
358 Posts
Nice write-up, as usual.

I'm not surprised that the suits are highly restrictive when it comes to movement.

As you noted, the glossiness on Batman's suit is accurate to the actual costume; we don't see much of this in the movie because the scenes where Val Kilmer wears it are all dark. It looks like Robin's suit is more vibrant than the costume worn by Chris O'Donnell, though.

Photos for anyone who's interested:

Hollywood Movie Costumes and Props: Val Kilmer's Sonar Bat-suit and Chris O'Donnell's Robin costume from Batman Forever on display... Original film costumes and props on display

'Batman Forever' 20 Years Later: Chris O'Donnell Looks Back on the Franchise | Entertainment Tonight (etonline.com)

As for the lack of accessories for Robin, this is actually screen-accurate, disappointing as it may be. We don't see Robin use any gadgets in Batman Forever.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts