One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone hope everyone is having a great New Year so far. Just finished a few repaints on Friday. I'm still dabbling with new ideas, i painted almost each major 1/6 company head here from BBI Soldier Story, DML, DID and of course one of Lonnies Frontline Patron group heads. Well enjoy and comments and criticisms well appreciated

Soldier Story Gunner

BBI Trident

Frontline Luke Skywalker

DID Albert Ross

DML AA sculpt

thanks for looking

·
Banned
392 Posts
If I may make a suggestion, you may want to darken the eyebrows on the Dragon USC Runningback head sculpt. You need to contrast the value between the skin tone and the eyebrows because they are muted against the skin tone. Refer to this link to see what I mean:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50110

In ambient light, you can clearly distinguish the darker value of the facial hair compared to the skin tone. Other than this minor detail, you have done an impressive job!!!

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Nice, I like how you paint the shaved heads and the dark tones on their skins. Airbrush? I need to learn that >.>

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Definite improvements, you're a talented guy.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
royalewithcheese said:
If I may make a suggestion, you may want to darken the eyebrows on the Dragon USC Runningback head sculpt. You need to contrast the value between the skin tone and the eyebrows because they are muted against the skin tone. Refer to this link to see what I mean:

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=50110

In ambient light, you can clearly distinguish the darker value of the facial hair compared to the skin tone. Other than this minor detail, you have done an impressive job!!!
Thank you all very much for your comments they are much appreciated. Royal i will definately work on the brows. It is just my second AA repaint and it actually is for Keith, the person in the picture you referenced. Thanks again.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
looks great. Got any tips for painting eyes?

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Beautiful repaints, especially partial to the AA.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks again guys. Saiko- it is indeed airbrushed skin tone but pastels all after that.
Roger- i believe it is suppose to be Brad Pitt, it really does look like him but with a rounder face :). I'd be more then happy to make a tutorial if you guys are interested.

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
awesome repaints man, i mirror the sentiments others have made about your airbrush shading.
its such a suble yet very effective look that makes the heads much more "natural" looking.

i need to get me another airbrush soon.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts