One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,876 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do a bash from the movie, but i am a modern 1/6th collector and am unsure of no 1. Would it be better to buy loose gear to create a ss nazi or buy a box set?
and no 2. what box set would be best?
here is some pictures below of the nazi's!
some backround on the film for anybody who doesnt know!
Outpost follows the story of a world-weary group of mercenaries who discover a long-lost hidden secret in an abandoned WWII bunker.

sorry bout the pictures, it was hard just finding these!
any help much appreciated!

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
I didn't see the movie but it sounds kind of interesting. There are a lot of really good boxed WW2 German figures. The German military had such a wide variety of uniforms that, if you want to be accurate to the movie, you would need first to establish what uniform the characters wore. Since you say they were SS your search does get a little smaller. You will still want to determine the type of SS uniform: was it camouflage, black, feldgrau (field gray) or feldgrun (flield green)? Since he's wearing a nice leather coat he's probably an officer, is that correct? Do you want to accurately represent the rank? You can purchase badges of rank and the proper shoulder boards from several online retailers. The photos you posted do show a him wearing a 'stahelm' (the "Fritz" helmet), probably an M1942, but I can't be sure, and what appears to be a leather great coat. There are several fine SS figures available from DiD and Dragon that would probably fill your needs but you may have to purchase the leather coat separately to complete the effect. Battle Gear has a very nice one and there are a few from the major manufacturers that you can find loose (Rommel came with one and one or two of the other top Nazi generals, and I think a couple of other officer figures). Check Monkey Depot, War-Toys, Justice Fighters, Red Planet Toys, Battle Rhino, to name a few. Have a look at what's available at the major manufacturers websites: http://www.onlinedid.com/products/wwii/ (for DiD Germans) and http://www.dragonmodelsltd.com/ (for Dragon). See if any of the SS figures come closest to the movie (remember the accuracy of such things as uniforms, etc. in the movies isn't always the best). Repeated viewings of the movie where you get a good look at the uniforms would help. Take some notes too, you'll notice a lot if you are really looking. Hope this helped a little. Now I want to see that movie.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.