One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The German soldier´s Wall locker was his repository for all issue clothing and equipment as well as rhe personal ítems permitted.

Was to be ready for inspection at any time.
The helmet and backpack were stowed on top.

Shirts, under drawers, socks, along with the field cap.
To the left of the main compartment are small compartments containing:peaked service cap, bread of the day´s meals, eating utensils, plate, cup (compartment has door); personal ítems and valuables (locked door);toiletries (razor, blades, shaving stick); manuals, books, writing materials; gasmask, mess kit and Zeltban shelter-quarter.

On the main compartment on a hanger bar are the drill, field and service tunics and trousers, and gratcoat. On the door hung equipment ítems.
Shoes and boots are stowed pn the bottom shelf and beneath it.

Hope you like.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
This is wonderful, perfectly done. The hobby is a wonderful way to make some moments in history feel real, tangible, "lived-in," and this diorama does that. Even in all the pictures that don't show the soldier himself, it wants to tell you the story of a very real person.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Excellent wall locker. True craftmanship. Did you make this or buy it? I thought I had seen post before...Would like to have at least one of these. Was it on e-bay maybe?

Boyd

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Beautiful work.

I love the bread. Now, all he needs is peanut butter and jelly...

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That is impressive, many shots look like photos of the real thing. Fine job.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts