One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I keep scratching my head - I can't find the real thing this vest was made after. I thought it was now discountinued TAG SAW/M60 Chest Rig, but that has 4 MG pouches only. Barrack Sergeant on the other hand has 2 MG pouches and then 4 additional smaller pouches (M4 Ammo Pouches?)...

Can anyone shed some light?

Thanks!

Alexei

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
i have seen one w/ 4 mg pouches but this one was odd to me 2 but yehi have never seen it like the one they gave us but imo it looks just fine!

·
sits in a loose parts box
7,448 Posts
mx22 said:
bump... anyone? Where are all of the gear experts?:)

Alexei
My guess wouldve been LBT but i didnt find anything on their page, illask a couple geardo friends.

·
7,448 Posts
After looking around, id say its the TAG Riflemans Chestrig:

just with the M60 pouches moved to the middle. Since TAG did custom orders that might be it.

·
Banned
4,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sent a question to Larry, let's see if he replies. This bugs me a lot lol. Not a bad chest rig, but I wonder why would Larry choose to go with something custom - though in a way this vest does make sense for his figure since he had PMC outfitted not only with Mk43, but also with AK... I just wonder if anyone in real world would carry both, Mk43 and an assault rifle of any kind.

Alexei

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I've seen pics of PMCs using MGs yet they still have an M4 for standby such as in convoy details so maybe he is outfitted for that..support role yet with the ability to be more mobile with a smaller rifle.

·
Ain't it Cool?
2,655 Posts
I am with MX22 on this one. T.A.G offers the M60/SAW and the Rifleman's chest harness in an similar configuration. I could not find BS Chest Harness for anything. It is for sure not the DML Terry (U.S.N. SEAL, Op Enduring Freedom, Afghanistan: Terry (DR# 70191) (2002)) that vest is a Eagle Modular LBV-M - SOMAV. I also checked Diamond Back with no luck. LBT is a no go also.

I also have to say that being an old military guy, I would not want to carry both a MK43 and a AK47 with a M203. That is a lot of weight about 35 pounds between the two weapons not including ammo. The AK with the 203 is also most 15 pounds. Perhaps he is just giving us options and that is the reason for the Chest harness configuration.

Let remember also if you are sporting a MK43 your main job is to lay down suppressive fire. Your team is counting on you for that and it is a full time job. 600 rounds of 7.62 can go very fast and the weight is heavy with the other items you are carrying. I would choose 15 more lbs of M60 ammo in a backpack then an AK which also has its ammo requirements.

·
7,448 Posts
I dont have the vest anywhere near me right now, but i think the cardboard box should fit (at least in the 1/1 version)

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
533 Posts
for the m60 you put the 100 rds in a cardbord boxt and then put the box in the pouch like u put in in the tray or bigger bog to feed into the gun, it jsut like that on ace's riflemen and gunner set u would put the cardboard box in the pouch

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I have pics of the old TAG rig at home from the ad I can post of how ammo goes in...I remember rolled links or SAW/cardboard ammo containers..

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
I'm clueless on this one. I thought it was the TAG SAW rig, but that one has 4 large pouches, not two large pouches and 4 smaller pouches. I'd be interested to see what Larry says.

Greg

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
well, these are the only 2 pics I found...I thought I saved one where it showed how ammo was loaded in..whether in belts or cardboard boxes..but as you can see on the OD rig..there is a lip of a SAW 200rd assault pack poking out so that's one type of ammo that will fit on the real ones.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts