One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first attempt at writing a tutorial. Pls bear with me with the pics.

I like BS bodies since they come relatively cheap, have slim chests and pose well. The shoulders however, are too "wide" for my liking. Here's my attempt to make them look more like ACE's MK-1.

A side by side comparison between the BS and MK-1 bodies before any modifications. Love how the MK-1's shoulders look.

Tools I used. I bought the saw, file and screwdrivers from a local budget store for less than $2 each. (Yea I'm a cheapskate :p)

Step 1:

Unscrew the arm/shouder joint from the body.

Next, unscrew the arm from the shoulder joint.

Step 2:

Now, mark the part that's going to be removed. (Marked area is hindering shoulder movement downwards)

The "marked part" from a different angle.

Step 3:

Putting my trusty saw to use. You would probably notice there's actually not much plastic to remove.

Now clean up the edges with a file.

Step 4:

Attach arm back to shoulder joint.

Attach arm/shoulder joint back to body. (A closer look at the new shoulder joint)

Do the same with the left arm. It took me less than 15 mins to get the job done on both arms.

A side by side comparison between the original and modded BS bodies.

The modded BS body placed beside ACE's MK-1 body. I think the "shoulder effect" is pretty much achieved. ( I also foam padded the BS body in this case)

So there you go, a quick and simple way to mod your ugly BS shoulders. I'm sure there are better ways to go about modding the BS bodies to achieve better looks or posing capabilities, but until I can lay my hands on a dremel (which costs more than SGD200 here :( ), this is what I can come up with using my $2 saw.

Thanks for looking, any inputs will be appreciated.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Good job and great tip :D I do the same with my BBi G3.5 bodies' shoulders. I'll keep this in mind when I finally get time to work on some figures.

·
Blessed with Laziness
515 Posts
Nice tutorial Dave!

I don't use my dremel anymore for cutting up nudes. It makes too much of a mess with the dust all over the place. Pain in the ass to clean up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys!

DogBelly, nice mods to the BS bodies. Read the link below for Yujin's directions for cheaper version of dremel.

http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67668
Thanks for the link Tang!

Nice tutorial Dave!

I don't use my dremel anymore for cutting up nudes. It makes too much of a mess with the dust all over the place. Pain in the ass to clean up.
I can guess as much, but seeing all those body modding tutorials online really make me want to try cutting up a BBI G3. I've tried taking a TS body apart but is really going nowhere without a dremel.

·
Premium Member
6,423 Posts
Thanks for the tip, Dave, and great tutorial as well! :thumb :thumb

You can get one of those bootleg "Dremel" for about 40 - 60 buck at Jalan Besar, just opposite the (former) Thieves Market. Anyway, modding bodies can be a very messy affair (and somewhat of a health hazard also I read).

·
Salaryman Gen
407 Posts
Thank you for posting this. I just did it and it looks great now.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
great tips! thanks alot. i'm wondering tho, now that his shoulders are a lot lower does it give him a "monkey arm" look? would u happen to have a pic of the figure w/o the padding and w/ hands and feet to see where his arm length is at?

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
great tips! thanks alot. i'm wondering tho, now that his shoulders are a lot lower does it give him a "monkey arm" look? would u happen to have a pic of the figure w/o the padding and w/ hands and feet to see where his arm length is at?
If you look at the last comparison pic, the "arm length" is pretty similar to ACE's.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
gotta remember that one...........thanks.

Fernando

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
If you look at the last comparison pic, the "arm length" is pretty similar to ACE's.
while you are right about the "arm length" being approximate (in that the wrists end evenly for both figures), just by looking at the last pic one can tell that the shoulders are obviously not in line w/ one another and the knees on the BS are higher and shown in the pic. the ACE's are not.

in fact if you look at where the hips start on the BS and where the wrists stop, you can tell that the arms hang considerably lower in relation to the thigh than on the ACE. just curious is all

1 - 17 of 17 Posts