·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
Hmmm...

Maybe when the Marine Corps decides the M27 IAR doesn't quite hack it, they could give this one a look!

:doh

Ohio Ordnance can advertise it as "better than 5.56 x 45mm, even better than 6.8mm Remington SPC... it's 7.62 x 63mm!"

:wideyes

Replace that slab-sided steel magazine with something from Magpul and I'd say ya' gots yourself a seller!

They can use the "tactical raptor" as an ammo carrier.... http://www.tacticaldino.com/

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
I'd think chambering it for 7.62 NATO would make more sense. .30-06 is a great round, but would add to the logistics demands.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Russ - You're being tongue in cheek I suspect. If the M27 fails in its stated role it will be for the same reasons the BAR did.

E.G. Weapons that provide fully automatic fires for a unit need to be belt fed and have an easily removable barrel.

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Back when I was about 9 or 10 my Grandfather (mom's dad) took me to shoot one day. He was an old Marine and loved his guns. Not sure how but among his 1913, 1911, and Garand was a BAR. I remember shooting it off an old Trussle bridge and reeling from the recoil but loving it. After he passed I think my uncle (another Marine) got all his guns. Not sure how he had that BAR but then when I was 9 it was 1980 and times were a little different

1 - 8 of 8 Posts