One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

This 1:6 photo story review is by 1:6 collector Stephen Benson and posted/shared on Facebook.

--

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
LOL! If the figure was a lit and photographed by the Game of Thrones team then we'd really see how she looks. I've seen a repaint that does look great. In the hands of someone like Darren Carnall I think she could still look stellar.

CHEERS!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Are you kidding me? The skin tone of Threezero Daenary's body doesn't even match her head. There's way too many issues here which others have brought up. When you start to accept inferior quality materials and work, that's what you'll continue to get. Now if more of us went over to Threezero's facebook page as I already have and email them how you really feel rather than try to justify this figure looking okay, there is a small chance they will try to improve and change their ways to do better.

Maybe someone can do another comic strip detailing the major issues and customer's frustrations with their upcoming line of figures including this one, Arya, and Lin Mae, then email it and also post it on their FB page. Maybe then Threezero will really see the PROBLEMS and fix things.

·
12,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Are you kidding me? The skin tone of Threezero Daenary's body doesn't even match her head. There's way too many issues here which others have brought up. When you start to accept inferior quality materials and work, that's what you'll continue to get. Now if you went over to Threezero facebook page and email them how you really feel rather than try to justify this figure looking okay, there is a small chance they will try to improve and change their ways to do better.

You have some talent with doing comic strips/dialogue. Maybe you can do another comic strip detailing the major issues and customer's frustrations with their upcoming line of figures including this one, Arya, and Lin Mae, then email it and also post it on their FB page. Maybe then Threezero will really see the PROBLEMS and fix things.
--

I believe in the need for critical (and constructive) feedback to ALL 1:6 brands when there is a very visible failure in terms of design and quality considering the money collectors like ourselves pay.

There are some within the 1:6 hobby that are notoriously unrelenting with regards to criticisms where they come off overly critical and picky.

There are some within the 1:6 hobby that shows bias and favoritism as well.

Very hard to find balance, but still genuinely factual and true reviews and perspectives at time.

The photo story review by Stephen Benson is one perspective from a 1:6 collector. That is what I took it as. It does not necessarily sway my initial and still held criticisms of the figure.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Very entertaining and inventive review:
View attachment 384188
Thank you Spartan Rex. This 'after' photo is how the the Danaerys head should look. No I'm not nit picky, the head in the original is drastically off. If this was under $100 I can understand the quality wont be there, but this is around $190-$250. That's crazy. To say that the quality wont be there and to get over it because it is mass produced is ridiculous. First off, at this price range it is on the tier of high-end and I'm not going to find this figure at ToysRUs. Their production quantity seems quite small considering the limited availability of them. What a sham!

·
Registered
49 Posts
--

I believe in the need for critical (and constructive) feedback to ALL 1:6 brands when there is a very visible failure in terms of design and quality considering the money collectors like ourselves pay.

There are some within the 1:6 hobby that are notoriously unrelenting with regards to criticisms where they come off overly critical and picky.

There are some within the 1:6 hobby that shows bias and favoritism as well.

Very hard to find balance, but still genuinely factual and true reviews and perspectives at time.

The photo story review by Stephen Benson is one perspective from a 1:6 collector. That is what I took it as. It does not necessarily sway my initial and still held criticisms of the figure.
Yes DFC, I know your intentions are always well here and your comments are appreciated :). Thank you and I continue to look forward to hearing more from your input and shared posts. Their will always be fanboys/fangirls that may like everything released, and then there are those that are too critical and judgmental, etc but its become a trend now for Threezero to show prototypes and then release their offering drastically different from what was shown. The overwhelming majority of customers I've talked to on Threezero FB page are quite dissatisfied as well. And Threezero they also don't respond to customer feedback or concerns regarding the problems at hand.

·
12,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for posting DFC. It was really fun to read. Tell Stephen how much we enjoyed the tone of this review.
--

I discovered Stephen's 1:6 creativity within the Star Trek Figures Pictures Collective discussion group on Facebook. It's a public group and Star Trek collectors/enthusiasts are welcome to join.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Don't wanna be the nay-sayer here, but No. If we're going to call this a review, bluntly, it sucks. I suppose in fairness it wasn't really meant to be a review. It's a really good, clever, funny, well-shot and enjoyable bit of entertainment using the 1/6 figures in a clever way. I totally commend it for that.

If we treat it as a "review" the amusing presentation is just the sugar candy coating for arbitrary personal statements defending the Daenerys figure that aren't really supported, explained or demonstrated within the piece, so for what a review should do, this don't get near there. And personally I happen to think those statements are wrong, so that is my admitted bias if we call this a "review" rather than just a cool photo-story. If we were keeping "Rotten Tomatoes" score it wouldn't be fair to score this on one side the same way we count something carefully articulated like Crawford's review on the other side. My point being, I love this for what it is but let's not call it a review.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
There is, on many occasions, a big difference between a crap figure and a crap camera/photographer. There may be a bit of both going on with this figure, but, it's amazing how different a figure can look when properly lit and photographed with a professional camera, which is what the vast majority of promo images will have been taken with.

Joe Soap in his bedroom with a mobile phone can make even the best figure look like a $10 KO, so do bear that in mind from time to time

CHEERS!

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
Thank you Spartan Rex. This 'after' photo is how the the Danaerys head should look. No I'm not nit picky, the head in the original is drastically off. If this was under $100 I can understand the quality wont be there, but this is around $190-$250. That's crazy. To say that the quality wont be there and to get over it because it is mass produced is ridiculous. First off, at this price range it is on the tier of high-end and I'm not going to find this figure at ToysRUs. Their production quantity seems quite small considering the limited availability of them. What a sham!
this figure was $168 for normal and $180 for the exclusive, which included international shipping so not anywhere near the price you are saying. I do however agree that the quality should be better even at the at the $160-180 price point. It isn't a complete fail but still not what was promised and it is understandable that so many are angry

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
this figure was $168 for normal and $180 for the exclusive, which included international shipping so not anywhere near the price you are saying. I do however agree that the quality should be better even at the at the $160-180 price point. It isn't a complete fail but still not what was promised and it is understandable that so many are angry

1 - 17 of 17 Posts