One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
That looks like you've been having a pile of fun.

Good for you.

Damn nice work, too.

·
Registered
3,078 Posts
Very refreshing to see the team in downtime mode... hoping to see a hammer on the table... :thumb

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@ReverendSpooky thanks a lot for the comment! The furniture is made by "toy model", two sets are available, one including the leather sofa and cushions, the other contains a matching leather armchair and wood low table. Both exist in brown or black color.

The quality is really top for the leatherwork, both the couch and armchair look nice and are properly scaled. The table has a cool overall look, but it wasn't assembled with wood glue (surely some poor superglue3 or alike) so it's kinda DIY lol.

@dadrab yeah that was a funny session, thanks for the support :)

@wolverine Thanks a lot!

@Stryker2011 Thanks man!

@rollotomasi Many thanks! No Thor yet in my team (sadly), the next ones are deadpool and hawkeye, was waiting for the civil war version to be released (my favorite look, the closest to the comics)

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Definitely entertaining, a bit more laid back than the shawarma sit down. Well done and staged.

·
Registered
5,667 Posts
Wonderful. Furniture perfect, detail perfect, comics are perfect. I too somehow missed the first one first time around and it's great too.

Seeing a bottle of booze on top of comics makes me cringe even in 1/6 but it's something that a drinking Tony Stark would have done. Funniest part is Scarlet Witch turning pages of her own comic by magic.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Completely love these photoshoots. The additional special effects look fantastic, and you really capture this casual homey vibe, like a good party you want to be at.

Seeing a bottle of booze on top of comics makes me cringe even in 1/6 but it's something that a drinking Tony Stark would have done. Funniest part is Scarlet Witch turning pages of her own comic by magic.
I hadn't even noticed that bottle detail, but now that you pointed it out, I so love it! And the Scarlet Witch details were one of my favorite parts too!

Seriously, awesome work.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Blackpool, I wonder if you would be willing to share the secret as to the sources of your scenery -- especially the coffee table, sofa, chairs, and walls. They inspired me to look at eBay offerings again, but I saw nothing that I liked quite as much as what you have assembled.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks a lot for the comments guys, much appreciated!

@gubernator no problem to share my sources, I think someone already asked me in another thread may be... Lucky you they are still available at machinegun.fr, reliable french site if you're not used to it yet.

here is the sofa in black version, it's genuine leather, and exists also in brown (as in my pictures)
Leather three sofa (Black) T TOY MODEL - Machinegun

here is the armchair, it actually comes with the low table, black lacquer for the black armchair, varnished wood for the brown version
Single leather sofa with wooden coffee table Set (Black) T TOY MODEL - Machinegun

About my brackgrounds, most of them are done under photoshop from various pictures and textures, I scale them to 1/6 and print them. If it can help you most of the textures I use come from this super cool website, originally made for 3D artists, architects, or videogame designers, but it's a very useful database of pictures all perfectly shot in front view, ideal for texture creation and backgrounds :)

Textures for 3D, graphic design and Photoshop!

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Thank you so much for the information and links! I love that furniture, and just ordered it (in brown). Slightly disappointed I couldn't order 2 chairs and 1 table to go with the sofa (didn't feel like paying for an extra table), but I guess I can live with the sofa and the matching chair and table. The site you recommended is great, but expensive, especially for shipping all the way over here. I was trying very hard not to look at anything else. :)

The walls you have look great and like they have real texture. So I guess photoshop is only the first step. Unfortunately, not only do I not have a 3D printer, but my inroads into 3D software have been unpromising. There is a seller from Greece on eBay who offers textured wall surfaces that might be usable, but unfortunately the sheets are not very big. I am on the verge of making my own walls with real tiny bricks, but we'll see how that goes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.