One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
CUSTOM USER TITLE
1,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys it has come to this,
I regret having to say it but 1:1 life is becoming a little too financially unsuitable for me to continue the hobby.
I have had quite a few tragic turns the last few months family, employment and study wise.
I am currently studying to become a travel agent and this has also taken up alot of my time and money.
All in all it comes down to money. I can't even afford to pay postage in trading anymore, that's when you know it's nearly time to bail for a while.
I may be back in the future but until my financial situation gets better it's hard to say when I'll be back.
I will continue my weathering service and the custom goggle straps so if any of you folks require that then give me a holler. I could do with all the $$$ right now.
Well I have met a lot of top guys here, too many to name one by one but you all know who you are.
I hope you all keep in touch (who ever wants to of course)
Adios and tears all round, it's a hard decision.

Sean aka Austeyr.
Original member since '99 (ol' ezboard days).

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
Good luck to you. I know how hard it is. Hopefully things will get better and you will again find solace in the hobby. Till then...

·
Registered
165 Posts
This has become A money sucking hobby of late for A lot of us So I understand the decision.I spent two years in 1/6th limbo like to have choked at all the new stuff when I got back into the hobby.1/1 though is what pays for it,so you cant let that slide.Good luck man

·
HOOYAH! CORPSMAN UP!
607 Posts
OH NO!!! Well it's not going to be the same not being able to see your work. I have always admired your creativity and talent for the hobby. Heck, your one of the guys that actually got me into this about 2 years ago!! Seeing your work, and outstanding bashes...it sure is going to feel wierd not seeing your name on the boards. Well good luck to your future endeavors my friend! :thumb

·
12" nightmare
1,422 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seems to me there's a lot of people having more and more problems to support this hobby. I'm trying to find a way to buy only what is likely to sell out fast or is nearly sold out, and even that is getting to expensive so I'm heading in your direction. The good news is however, is that when we come back, the hobby will be even cooler. If I compare what's on the market now with what I bought 3 years ago, I'm basically sorry I spent that money back then. The bad news is, that it may even be more expensive in a few years.
Good luck with the studying, and take comfort in the weathering projects you can keep yourself busy with.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Sean, while totally understandable, your decision is unacceptable.

You don't need to buy figures in order to take part in the hobby. Just your participation and friendship are the only requirements. As long as you have an online connection, the hobby is there for you.

If you need to take a step back or a break in order to get squared-away, take as long as you need. But we, your friends, will always be just that.

Whatever your final decision, gnaw it to the bone, bud.

See you when I see you.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts