One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Attack Force Z is a 1982 Australian World War II film, directed by Tim Burstall. It is based on an actual event that took place during World War II, and was shot in Taiwan in 1981. It was screened at the Cannes Film Festival on May 18, 1981.

The film is noted for starring Mel Gibson and Sam Neill, who were relatively unknown at the time but both went on to become international stars.

An elite squad of five international commandos are dispatched to rescue survivors of a shot-down plane on an island in the South Pacific which is occupied by the Japanese. One of the survivors is a defecting Japanese government official, and he is believed to hold a secret that could end the war. He must be rescued at any cost.

I started this wip back in 6/04.
http://www.onesixthwarriors.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27025
Like always it got side tracked, just like the other wip projects that I have. :rolleyes
The non existent 1/6 HS of the characters in this movie made it hard to proceed, but after watching the DVD again, I just had to continue this wip... :)

Here's my version of "LT. J.A. Veitch" played by John Phillip Law.

It's a wip so changes will be made like always.

On to the pics...

·
Requiescat In Pace
7,095 Posts
That guy is super cool - he played Danger Diabolik. Great flick, great bash.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Over three years in the making, that's some fearsome patience. It'll be worth waiting for.

Kuroi......Danger Diabolik??? LMAO, it's been featured several times here locally, at annual bad film festivals.

·
WIP Basher =0)
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Mercenary25, gaiagear thanks guys.

Kuroi thanks man,I haven't seen that Danger Diabolik flick in years.
I'm not sure I want to see it again any way. hehehe :lol

:thanks Hollowpoint, got to jump on it when the idea is fresh ;)

Thanks Mike, its one of my old favorites too.

pd the inspiration fades, so one has to regroup and start again. :)

Thanks Broadshore, Krechet, rangerg282.

OK back to this wip, started up another character.
SGT. D.J. Costello played by Sam Neill.

I haven't found the right HS yet, so for now this HS will have to do. I'm working on the ammo chest harness still, so I'll add that later on. The hat band got a bit bulky, have to work on that too.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Awesome job, loved the movie. just finished my silenced grease gun for a VN bash, but had some trouble coming up with ref pics. Think I used a 21st m3, was going to use a dragon, but I thought it was too big. Is that one of the bbi mass market?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts