• Hands X 5 Pairs
  • Head Sculpt
  • Leather Skirt
  • Stockings X 1 Pair
  • Sword X 2
  • Thong
  • Waist Armor

The MSRP is approximately $155.00 USD.

The release date is approximately 1ST QTR 2018.

--

·
Registered
3,733 Posts
While it still doesn’t look like Eva Green, it’s still better than that piece of licensed s&$t by Star Ace. And the smile is kind of cool in a creepy weird way.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's funny.

I read elsewhere how the likeness doesn't resemble Eva Green.

The figure is not being advertised as bearing Eva Green's likeness in any way whatsoever. It's not even referencing the film we all can guess that it's based on.

It's simply being advertised as a Female Roman Warrior named "Artemisia". Last I checked, there was no IP right to the referenced historical battle in history or the names of any of the historical characters.

I'm not even considering let alone disappointed by the supposed issue of likeness/resemblance.

The figure's price is more reasonable compared to the "official" offering from that other brand we all know that is very overpriced.

I don't know who ASTOYS is. They could be a brand new fly by night 1:6 brand/manufacturer or an existing known brand using an alias to produce and sell the figure.

·
Registered
833 Posts
That period was the time of the ancient Greek empire and not Rome, and Artemisia I of Caria was a Greek queen.

This HS is super creepy. I wouldn't want such a thing in my room!. The outfit is rather cool though. I'd still prefer the Star Ace HS over this one, and maybe customise the body for better proportion.

·
Batmanila
850 Posts
While it still doesn't look like Eva Green, it's still better than the one by Star Ace. And the smile is kind of cool in a creepy weird way.
My thoughts exactly. I was diappointed with Star Ace's version. Since I just finished watching the movie two days ago, I could tell this is much closer to Eva Green. It's not perfect but at least it has a pssing resemblance to the actress.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,898 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If the likeness/resemblance issue can be set aside for the time being, do any of us believe/feel the figure "as is" . . . again not focusing on the likeness/resemblance . . . the figure could be/maybe worthwhile more so compared to the "other version"?

·
Registered
879 Posts
If the likeness/resemblance issue can be set aside for the time being, do any of us believe/feel the figure "as is" . . . again not focusing on the likeness/resemblance . . . the figure could be/maybe worthwhile more so compared to the "other version"?
I do for the outfit alone. A custom outfit would cost hundreds. Maybe a better head sculpt will come in the future.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
The name "Artemisia" and the guise of a warrior queen is obviously a reference to the movie. And so is the basic look. The eyes are pretty cool, but some of the other features still look exaggerated to me. The "Roman" label seems to be either a red herring to throw off potential complications for venturing on possibly license-protected territory, or just the same sort of cultural/historical carelessness we saw with TBL Athena. Although I appreciated the visuals and pace of the film, it was horrid as history and, to the bewilderment of my friends, I am not a fan of the star. So this is still a very easy pass for me.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
It's good, but, who is this company!? We see a lot of posts like this from these little companies that keep popping up, but, what we don't seem to see much of is in hand reviews of the actual figures. Someone must buy them, so where are they!?

CHEERS!

·
Registered
595 Posts
So it appears to be a seamless body, but what's going on with the over sized wrist on the outstretched left hand? :urp Yikes, There has to be a better way to solve that problem.

I like the sculpt, would look right at home among my gaggle of Punk Chicks

·
Registered
49 Posts
I dig it a lot actually!

I hope the head sculpt on the final figure is as good as pictured, but I doubt it will be. It may not look exactly like Eva Green but it gives me a better impression of her than the official StarAce version. I love that crazy smirk! It really gives me that 'crazy/dangerous' vibe I get from Eva Green whenever I see her in movies.

If it's a seamless/Jiaou body, it seems like a waste, given the coverage the outfit provides, but it would be cool if they used one anyway!

As for AsToys, aren't they the ones that made the recent "Amazon" Wonder Woman bootleg with a "Gal Gadot" style head and outfit, but with a larger bust and a JiaouDoll body?

If so, that figure and accessories were very good for the price. I have it and like it a lot, except for it's head. The final headsculpt didn't quite match the fleshtone of the body and has somewhat lifeless 'doll' eyes. The hairpiece also fell off right out of the box. I think this figure of Artemesia looks great, and I'd easily risk ordering her, if I find a reputable state-side retailer who carries her.

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
The "knockoff" Wonder Woman was by Amazon Toys (possibly also known as AM Toys?).

I agree that overall it does look like Eva Green (it is just that I am not a fan, although she does an excellent job), and possibly more so than the previous offering.

·
Last seen in Skyrim...
918 Posts
I actually really like the sculpt, it makes a nice change to see a female face that doesn't have the usual dead eyed stare or pout!

I love the skirt but dear god that breastplate looks awful.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts