One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Super interested!:applause I wonder if they'll do a Griznack too? I've got their Witchking, I'm after Gothmorg too but this months funds went towards SSC's new Vader exclusive and Malgus, so it'll have to be next month.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I saw a few photos of the Gothmog posted somewhere (most likely on Facebook) recently and it looked terrible. The head sculpt was okay but the body looked like it was a G.I. Joe or Sideshow. sort of like the old Sideshow POTA General Ursus with pudgy arms and short legs. Photos can be misleading unless taken by a good photographer but after seeing those I was happy to have ignored this line.

·
11,540 Posts
I saw a few photos of the Gothmog posted somewhere (most likely on Facebook) recently and it looked terrible. The head sculpt was okay but the body looked like it was a G.I. Joe or Sideshow. sort of like the old Sideshow POTA General Ursus with pudgy arms and short legs. Photos can be misleading unless taken by a good photographer but after seeing those I was happy to have ignored this line.
Really? He is a hideously deformed orc though... I'll try to find a you tube review on him.

·
Super mega jedi ninja
1,510 Posts
Was hoping for Gimli next, not another Orc. Guritz was very hard to find on the small scale toybiz line, so maybe he is pretty popular. Easy pass for me though.

·
11,540 Posts
Was hoping for Gimli next, not another Orc. Guritz was very hard to find on the small scale toybiz line, so maybe he is pretty popular. Easy pass for me though.
I had to fight off pesky little children in Toys'R'Us but I got my toybiz version!:lol

I can't find a video review on Gothmorg but did notice he's described as having a 30cm tall body which is worrying since he was played by the same guy who was the Witchking and Lurtz as far as I recall so he should be taller?:think If I'm right why don't they just use the Witchking body with tighter joints? :dunno

·
11,540 Posts
Just checked IMDB, it was Lawrence Makoare who played all three very tall bad guys in the Ring Trilogy:

He also plays Bolg in the Hobbit films.

The Hobbit film trilogyEdit

http://static1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130709130957/lotr/images/b/b0/Bolg1.jpghttp://lotr.wikia.com/wiki/File:Bolg1.jpgAn early design for Bolg in the Hobbit franchise.
Added by SanderPostema
In Peter Jackson's The Hobbit film trilogy, Bolg was played by Conan Stevens in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey and Lawrence Makoare in the sequel. He is portrayed as a huge, pale, orc clad in armour and bones. Bolg's father Azog has a greatly expanded role in the The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, the first film of the trilogy. Bolg has an extended role as well in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug.
Bolg appears briefly in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey during the Battle of Azanulbizar, fighting Dwalin and seemingly being wounded by him, and appear extensively in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (though his appearance is slightly different, as he is now portrayed via CGI, rather than via live action as in the first film). In the new film he bears a strong resemblance to his father, Azog the Defiler, and is shown to be a capable warrior, nearly holding his own against Legolas in hand-to-hand combat.

Well the second one anyway, where he seems to have had a shave to look more like dad...

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
Asmus announced on FB that they are planning to release 12 LOTR figures this year; hopefully it will be a balanced mix of the characters we all want, in addition to Sauron's minions.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Is it possible that Bolg wears dwarven scalps (beard and hair)? On the movie picture it doesnt look clearly like it but on the Actionfigure it looks like that the hair doesnt really belong to him... :thumb

The in hand pictures from eBay of Gothmog (he is sold in parts) dont look like the quality what I have expected from the prototype but I think that counts for almost any 1/6 release.

Some examples:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-...3514?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f2ede80aa

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-...1249?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f2ede77d1

But I really like that they release all those bad guys thats usually a serious lack in the 1/6 hobby :thumb

·
11,540 Posts
Is it possible that Bolg wears dwarven scalps (beard and hair)? On the movie picture it doesnt look clearly like it but on the Actionfigure it looks like that the hair doesnt really belong to him... :thumb

The in hand pictures from eBay of Gothmog (he is sold in parts) dont look like the quality what I have expected from the prototype but I think that counts for almost any 1/6 release.

Some examples:

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-...3514?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f2ede80aa

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-...1249?pt=US_Action_Figures&hash=item3f2ede77d1

But I really like that they release all those bad guys thats usually a serious lack in the 1/6 hobby :thumb
Hehe, good idea, they do look like dwarf beard trophies!
That body looks really basic and too short, mine will have to have a Triad Tyrus body transplant asap!! Talk about over priced loose parts too! Not that that has anything to do with Asmus.

·
11,540 Posts
If it Azog son.... where are the Orc WOmen ?

Anyway, the only Orc I'd want is Lurtz the Urukai
They're so ugly you can't tell them apart from the men! :wink

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think the final product looks alright based on the Ebay,
but why would you spend $99 for head on a $150 boxed figure?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Each figure released will contain part of a separate figure. Gandalf has the orc head. Guritz has the banner. Aragorn will have gauntlets and gloved hands. Nice.:thumb

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Each figure released will contain part of a separate figure. Gandalf has the orc head. Guritz has the banner. Aragorn will have gauntlets and gloved hands. Nice.:thumb
Pretty damn good idea.

Another throwback to the days when companies liked to entice new customers.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
The orcs were a big disappointment (the only one in fact) to me in the movies - I have learned that "all orcs are black except the green and brown ones" - the orcs in the films just looked like humans having a bad hair day. And we didn't see enough snaga.

(There are (in Tolkien mythology) two types of orcs: the smaller but more numerous snaga (for most people into other fantasy, snaga would probably just qualify as goblins or hobgoblins) and uruk-hai who are bigger, stronger and in every way better.)

·
11,540 Posts
Great idea as long as you don't miss one or they cancel the line b4 you can complete it!:lol

The orcs were a big disappointment (the only one in fact) to me in the movies - I have learned that "all orcs are black except the green and brown ones" - the orcs in the films just looked like humans having a bad hair day. And we didn't see enough snaga.

(There are (in Tolkien mythology) two types of orcs: the smaller but more numerous snaga (for most people into other fantasy, snaga would probably just qualify as goblins or hobgoblins) and uruk-hai who are bigger, stronger and in every way better.)
Really? I don't agree, these are my two custom orcs, a Uruk Hai and a Morria one, they look pretty different to me.. What do you imagine they should look like? Just curious not knocking your opinion.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts