One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
DML did some pretty good ones with their HK Police line, HS's, and indeed figures, crop up from time to time on eBay. The majority of them were of HK movie stars that were big at the time. I believe there were a couple of Chow Yun Fats. A lot of them will have the old Adam body, but, the HS's will all fit the Neo3 which is a big plus.

The HT Sao Feng from POTC is a great one, and he may have the Truetype body, I'm sure there'll be nudes around on eBay.

Hope this helps

CHEERS!

·
Registered
548 Posts
also with DML .. the HK GFS (Government Flying Service) .. had two different Asian headsculpts depending on whether you bought the orange or navy flightsuit version. I don't know how easy they are to get on the internet market but UML in HK had stacks of both when I was last there (Feb '07).

DML also did a couple of WWII Americans as 'Nisei' and also the SFPD SWAT as Asian American.

Then you've got the BBI Japanese, the Naval pilot and Army officer headsculpts were quite good, the Japanese 'Marine' not as Asiatic looking ..

·
Furious Genius
1,973 Posts
For a Ninja I go with the bbi Japanese officer or one the DiD Samurai hs'. Although some good sculpts mentioned I think they have too modern a look or are too Chinese looking for your purpose. There are differences in features and hair style that distinguish the look of a Japanese individual from other Asians. One of the reasons the bbi hs looks so good is that he actually does look Japanese. Some of the eBay vendors on the left of this page sell original hs' of Samurai that are very well done (I think Urban Samurai sells one with an eye patch that's excellent).

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Alfrex of Japan makes the best sculpts for the genre you seek. But then they make Samurai period figures so it's kinda defeating the purpose anyways. Gotta blame Ignite for not having a sculpt to keep.

·
Home of The Whopper
480 Posts
The DiD Samurai are your best bet, I use a Date Masamune myself because I think the one eyed look gives him more personality and makes him distinct rather than just being a set of eyes behind a mask...

·
My friends call me Ray
7,846 Posts
also with DML .. the HK GFS (Government Flying Service) .. had two different Asian headsculpts...
I second that. I think those 2 heads are the best Asian HS produced by DML so far.

Other than that, the new HT Warlords series featuring Andy Lau and Takeshi are very nice indeed, but there may not be loose part so soon yet.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.