One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,928 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

Back in late 2010/early 2011, I purchased a few of the ARTFIGURES "SAVES" figures from Viking Playground (during better days).

The last one I purchased was a damaged box and the head sculpt had a minor paint defect.

Like many of you I am looking forward to THE REVENGER figure from VTS (DAM) because the figure is a more accurate (and superior) representation of the character based on the film PUNISHER: WAR ZONE.

The "SAVES" figure was my very first figure from ARTFIGURES. At the time (even though it was only a couple of years ago), the "SAVES" figure was quite impressive.

I don't see a plethora of listings for that figure on eBay other than highly priced (or overpriced as many of you will/would say) offerings and the occasional loose bits from the figure.

With the excitement & interest towards THE REVENGER from VTS, I wonder if the demand (if there is one) and price for "SAVES" will drop due to a superior & updated version of the character?

I have not checked the Open Market section of the OSW lately if anyone is possibly selling their "SAVES" figure to make room/way for THE REVENGER.

What are the thoughts from others with regards to this specific character/figure?

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
it should happen that way if the new figure is superior but you know how the market works, stupid people still try and gouge you for cash, even when it is not even worth it. and it's you choice to say yes or no!

·
MUST STOP SPENDING ON 1/6
2,027 Posts
it should happen that way if the new figure is superior but you know how the market works, stupid people still try and gouge you for cash, even when it is not even worth it. and it's you choice to say yes or no!
Yes in theory, the AF figure will and should drop in price, seeing that the VTS revenger is way way way ahead of the AF one, in terms of accuracy. (quality wise i can't comment because i dont have the AF figure)

Amazingly people are still listing the AF figure for quite a high price on evil bay, but i don't think anyone in their right mind will buy the AF one.

Personally i missed out on the AF figure and the "want" for the AF version disappeared once i got my hands on the VTS version.

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
Prices are pretty cyclical and newer version do effect pricing. The Sideshow Snake Eyes original release used to be a very pricey figure, but is commonly found for not much more than original list price following a Hot Toys release and another Sideshow release even though both were different takes on the subject. If you were looking to sell one, I'd imagine it would do better when the VTS release is sold out, which probably won't take very long.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If the past is our guide then yes, this figure will drop down to cost or slightly below on the secondary market now that the new figure is out.

Figures bought to stay in the closet should never be bought for the purposes of reselling, but only to keep a mint in box example in case your displayed one takes a header or craps out, and you think re-acquiring one in the future will be an expensive proposition.

You're just feeling a mild version of what the Elder Predator and Iron Man Mk. I folks were feeling........Hot Toys is now in the business of re-issuing hot figures, and other companies seem to be stepping up to fill in the gaps. The fact that I have semi-official versions of both Book of Eli and I am Legend figures, and these issues of the Punisher from what is arguably a cult film amongst the comic afficianados....its pretty cool. Now I kind of tilt my head nad wonder how long it will take until we get real versions of Kyle Reese (even if its a secondary release from like Magic Cube or VTS or what have you) or Arnie as John Matrix, or hell....a new Rambo or...or..or....

Fear Not! Enjoy your figures. If you part with an old one on ebay, consider any loss you take merely a rental fee for enjoying the figure during the time you had it. :)

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Revenger version is far from accurate.
The vest is inaccurate (different number of Molle webbing rows, skull is too high), the 92FS holsters are different types, the S&W .500 holster was on his right thigh and was in a custom hard shell plastic holster, the pistol and M4 plastic mag holders are different types, he's missing the horizontal smoke grenade pouches on the left hand side of his vest, and the grenade launcher should be a shorter airsoft version (I actually like that they gave him a real AG36 launcher).
They did get the rest of the uniform and weapons right.
Also, the headsculpt on the AF version looks more like Ray Stevenson.

The Art Figures version is more accurate with the exception of the rifle, knife, the left thigh holster, and the mag pouches are pleather instead of plastic (it still looks the part though).
With just the weapons from the Revenger and some added horizontal smoke pouches, the Art Figures version would be the most accurate. Good luck finding accurate plastic mag pouches though.

Still, the Revenger makes a great "Punisher" figure for those that missed out on the AF version.

·
Registered
878 Posts
I think the gear and accessories are better with the VTS version but The headsculpt is way to cartoon like. I like the saves Head and vest, but everything else VTS for the Punisher.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just got the vts for $142 shipped...personally i have the afs version and i bought the new one for the weapons because afs did a bang up job with the weapons for their version...i like and dislike certain things on both figures but im looking forward to seeing how these two size up....in the end if hot toys or sideshow come out with their own version...you can probably consider these for liquidation...but i must say i am really enjoying to see other companies coming out with good core caracters at very good prices with alot to offer....hot toys has lost its glimmer to me....i used to buy almost every one of them....now...very very very selective...tooo many repeats

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
Well, I'd welcome HT or Sideshow bringing out this figure. That means these will hit bargain basement prices and I'll buy one then.

Sometimes, being an "early adopter" just sux...

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
That's pretty expensive rental fee if you gamble incorrectly :lol
I think it's the opposite.

Buy a figure at $150 bucks, let's say. Sell it 2 years later for $100 because its used and not necessarily hot, but say the primary market has mostly sold out. Think NOLAND or NEW GOBLIN.

$50 bucks for 2 years of shelf sitting....or what....a buck a month, roughly?

That's worst case....hardly an expensive proposition.

·
Hellsing Org. Mercenary
3,290 Posts
Yes in theory, the AF figure will and should drop in price, seeing that the VTS revenger is way way way ahead of the AF one, in terms of accuracy. (quality wise i can't comment because i dont have the AF figure)

Amazingly people are still listing the AF figure for quite a high price on evil bay, but i don't think anyone in their right mind will buy the AF one.

Personally i missed out on the AF figure and the "want" for the AF version disappeared once i got my hands on the VTS version.
Trust me, you can forget about AF's "SAVES" since quality wise, it loses to VTS big time and "SAVES" head sculpt looks too "emo". AF's "SAVES" is only great for that time in 2010. IMO, VTS knocks AF out of the water when it comes to The Punisher: Warzone. I've one miserable AF's "SAVES" so I know, too many QC problems, so much pain.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts