One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago Dave at Armorpax sold and shipped his beautiful Vietnam Quad 50 diorama to me for display at the Suncoast Center for Fine Scale Modeling here in Florida.
I decided to expand the diorama an bit and I asked Luca to work his figure magic. Here are the results
The changes I made were to thicken the base, rework the scenery, add some details and weather the Quad 50 a little more
Dave

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
A few more notes on how things were done.
The dented 55 gal drum was created by taking the drum bank that Dave used and burnishing a thin sheet of aluminum around the bank with wood stick.
The base was thickened by adding two layers of Dow board ( foam board ) and shaping it with a grinder. It was then covered with a layer of sawdust mixed with white glue and water. The sawdust mixture was covered with real sifted dirt.
The beer cans were printed on a thin layer of aluminum that was spray painted with a white primer. I then copied a beer can label on the internet, resized it and then ran it through my inkjet printer. The cans were shape on a wood dowel. The ends were punched out of aluminum sheet and glued in place.
Dave

·
Modelmaker of sorts
291 Posts
What can I say, it is superb. Glad I was able to play a small part in this!

:bravo:bravo:bravo

Best regards

Dave

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
Brilliant work!

This is what I strive for: figures that look natural in their own element. I have quite a long way to go before getting to this uber-level, but the goal is there.

So thanks for showing what can be done.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Great team effort guys!
It is very rare to see an 1/6 dio so good in all its details down to the ground! Tones of work here!

The guy with the poster is brilliant!

G

·
I was very impressed with the original dio. This further improvement certainly makes it one of the best dios in the history of OSW. It belongs to the museum.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts