One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am always on the hunt for small miniature things that would add to a dio. Or figure. Are you guys like me? Whenever you go into a collectible store, or plumbing supply, home improvement section at Home Depot or lowes your looking fir 1/6 scale stuff..The other day I went into a place called east meets west,, they sell tons of candle holders, incense, etc, made of anything from animals to religious, to mid evil, I found a great candle gargoyle for my daredevil that is 1/6 perfect......yep, I am always thinking 1/6 when I'm in a store that might have good stuff... .. How about you?

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
I am always on the hunt for small miniature things that would add to a dio. Or figure. Are you guys like me? Whenever you go into a collectible store, or plumbing supply, home improvement section at Home Depot or lowes your looking fir 1/6 scale stuff..The other day I went into a place called east meets west,, they sell tons of candle holders, incense, etc, made of anything from animals to religious, to mid evil, I found a great candle gargoyle for my daredevil that is 1/6 perfect......yep, I am always thinking 1/6 when I'm in a store that might have good stuff... .. How about you?
I used to be in that same mindset but that was a long time ago when I was or
used to be active collecting 1/6th figures. Btw, here's some more places you might
want to try visiting for your quest to acquire 1/6th items:

a. Michael's arts and crafts - plenty of 1/6th-ish items to be found and then some!

b. Gift shops in the malls like Spencer's Gifts or some other small boutique shops -
when I was hunting for dog figurines and such, that's your best shot at finding them!
Those shops are a rich source of other novelty items that's perfect for your 1/6th
projects.

c. Gas station stores - I once found an almost 1/6th 'Attache Case' with nail and
grooming kit/implements in it! A once in a lifetime find!
:lol

Finally, try discount stores like Tuesday Morning, TJ Maxx, Ross, Marshall etc.
Sometimes you'll get lucky finding 1/6th figures and motorcycles you never expected
in that 'of all places' to stumble onto and find 1/6th related items as well. Good hunting!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I do this sometimes. Especially in the beads and charms section of Hobby Lobby. They have lots of interesting little things where I'm like, "What can I make this into?"

·
Registered
176 Posts
I think all the time how can I use that in 1/6 scale. Even troll a few shops in hope some company has made some random keyring or toy I can use.

·
OSW Member
2,257 Posts
Oh yeah, I'm always on the lookout for little items that could be used for 1/6 scale items or turned to 1/6 scale items. Like a Dragon Oil Warmer from WALMART & piece of glass from a 3x5 photo frame makes a really nice table.

·
Ranger
1,151 Posts
Always and I mean always. 18 years of collecting and I still find myself looking for things can be applied to 1:6

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
All the time man.... All the time. I call it the 1:6 sight. It's stronger in some than others.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
All the time man.... All the time. I call it the 1:6 sight. It's stronger in some than others.
Yeah, it has about the same function as the famous gaydar, just for 1/6 stuff.

But to answer the question: Always. The gaydar - sorry, 1/6 sight - is always active and on the lookout for stuff that could be used in any capacity.

My personal theory is that its because we are so starved in this hobby. The 1/35 hobbyists can find anything and then some for whatever they want to do, but we? We have to make a LOT ourselves.

·
SPQR
837 Posts
Yeah i'm the same.Can't help myself,do it all the time no matter where i am or what i'm looking at.It's always the same mental question to myself"Now what can i use that for?"

·
Registered
328 Posts
i do that most of the time... looking for those small stuff to use for my 1/6 bashes or dios as well. even if i don't need them now i'll still buy them for future use. They may come handy one day and if i don't get them soon i might not see them anymore when i need them.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
I won't deny it...

I've found some pretty cool stuff through the years.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts