One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, recently I purchased a few DML figures that came with some collar insignia stickers. Upon removing the paper film and pressing them onto the uniform, they soon came off. Would putting a VERY light layer of super glue on the decal and then putting on the uniform work well? Anyone got any ideas! Thanks everyone! This forum is super helpful and friendly :D

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Super glue is too thin and will soak into the cloth of the uniform....I use a very small dot of white craft glue....also allows you to remove later if required....

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
I use super glue an extra thick CA variety called Maxi Cure. I use it for everything including medals, badges and insignia, but you have to be careful. No wiggle room once placed n the uniform. I place a layer of the glue on a piece of cardboard. I then stab the insignia with the very sharp point of a new xacto blade. I then place the insignia on the cardboard with glue for an instant. Then go to the uniforn and with a pair of tweezers slide the insignia off the xacto blade point and on to its place.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I second Fabri-tac. And remove the double sided sticking tape. Makes a snugger fit to the cloth too.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I also prefer a rubber-based fabric glue to attach insignia. Makes it possible to remove the insignia when needed without leaving glue residu.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts