One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Comparison of the major brands. Not pictured are ZYTOYS or BBI. ZYTOYS is a good match for SS and Crazy Dummy/DAMTOYS, but I'm unsure of BBI.
SS and CD/DT are both interchangeable. All other brands are unique enough to be mismatched. A good example is early and late TC. Early TC is lighter, even paler than SS. Late TC is very dark, almost completely golden or golden brown.

Attachments

·
U.S. Marine Corps Veteran
1,141 Posts
The BBI AOR isn't that good. It will not match any of those patterns that you have shown. I have the pack from their SEAL figure, and while it is a good pack the pattern is not anywhere near AOR-1. I can't find my pack right now, but its definitely darker than the other AOR-1 patterns out there.

Jeff

G

·
CD and SS are still the best. ZY is actually very close. All three are interchangeable. It will be hard to tell the minor differences with weathering. The set from BBI is mostly AOR-2. The AOR-1 on the chestrig is a bit dark, same as the one by TC.

The up coming one by DAM looks just as good.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
I have both styles of Toys City uniforms, uniforms from both Soldier Story SEALs (which are actually VERY slightly different shades if you look closely), a Crazy Dummy, and a ZY uniform. I'll see if I can get a decent photo comparison of them together. I don't have a proper lighting setup right now, but I'll see what I can do. It might be easier to see the differences in the patterns when it's just the fabric, not being occluded by all the extra MOLLE webbing.

·
Lurker
333 Posts
Excuse the bad photo. It was taken just with flash, with some very bad lighting, on my messy, unmade bed. It's not 100% indicative of what the patterns look like in person, but it should show the differences between some of the manufacturers.

From left to right: Early Toys City, late Toys City, Crazy Dummy (SEAL Team 3 release), Soldier Story (DEVGRU Gold Team), Soldier Story (Neptune's Spear), and ZY Toys.

Something to note is the backpack is from Crazy Dummy's SEAL team 8 gunner figure, and it's almost a perfect match to SS AOR1. I don't have a uniform from that set, but it's probably similar.

The Crazy Dummy SEAL team 3 uniform looks a lot more brown in real life, and the pattern is overall bigger than early TC camo, but they work well together.

Both SS camos are almost identical, but the dark browns on the Gold Team uniform tend to be slightly darker, to my eye. The Neptune's Spear uniform seems to have less contrast, but it's very slight in difference. I have two figures, side by side, above my desk wearing both uniforms, and my OCD can pick up on the differences.

ZY Toys has some really big pixels, and is pretty dark. Doesn't look that great alongside SS, in my opinion.

And everyone knows late TC is REALLY dark.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts