One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyway to get an accurate 1/6 version of the Revenge of the Sith Clone Trooper helmet without having to recast the Medicom version?

The Hasbro version is too big. Don't want to spend the money on the medicom version.

Any other versions out there that are 1/6 without having to shelve the money?

·
Jawa
1,593 Posts
I know a bunch of people have casted an Ep. III Kotobukiya Clone helmet to put on their 1/6 Clones. I always thought Kotobukiya figures were 1/7, but the custom clones I've seen look really good. There are usually a few on sale on eBay.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
They are 1/7th scale (at least that's what they are advertised to be)

Only other ideas I had---

Use the Clone Trooper bobble head--doesn't work.
http://www.7gadgets.com/2007/07/18/star-wars-501st-clone-trooper-bobble-head/1196

Haven't seen one in person but these things have helmets that should be about 2.5 inches big--that's too big. (they're advertised to be 6-7 inches in size depending on the source. The helmet is almost half the size of the figure).

Other idea was to use the Gentle Giant busts-but that defeats the purpose since the Medicom figures are about the same price.

There was a lot of talk about this subject for several months after ROTS came out but I guess I jumped on the clone bandwagon a little too late!

·
I've been Minimoyzed
14,115 Posts
The Medicom and Kotobukiya are very close in size, and they are a tad small. The Gentle Giant mini busts are also about the same size. They are all excellent quality and well detailed.

Hasbro as you mentioned is too big, and lacks the symmetry and detail.

There is no easy answer to this question. That is because you would have to recast the really detailed ones, then somehow make one bigger, without losing the detail. It may just be easier to live with the smaller helmets. They do look great, even if they are smaller. I haven't heard if anyone has tried the Medicom helmet over any regular headsculpts to try for fit.

There have been some mini 1/6 scale Star Wars helmet released recently, but I don't know if there were any clone helmets in there. I heard they were pretty accurately scaled though. I missed out on a Boba Fett and Biker scout helmets locally. They are blind boxed sets, so you don't know what is in the box. I have seen a few on ebay as well. But I don't know about any clone helmets in these boxes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.