One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 1/6 Doctor WhoMatt Smith figure fell and hit the ground the other day. When I picked up, his nose looked smashed in prson.

I showed the damage online, but it doesn't show well on the camera. That said, is there a way to fix the dent? Would putting it in boiling water help the nose get back in place?

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
If you can pop the head off the body, and if the head is hollow, you should be able to get a small flat head screw driver in there and pop the nose out from inside.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Heat it up with a hair dryer till it's squishy and it should go back to the right shape. I'd worry that boiling water would damage the paint.

CHEERS!

·
Schizophrenic Modeler
4,735 Posts
Do as Rogerbee has suggested and use a hairdryer, or if you don't have one, hold the head under hot tap water (not boiling), and use the end of a small paintbrush on the inside to help press the nose back into place. The hairdryer will work best though, and once it's back to the way you want it, you can set it by immersing the head in cold tap water.

David

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the tip, guys.

The head is as solid as an HT head, so I don't think poking in the inside would help, though I will use the hairdryer trick since I do think I remember people successfully fixing flat, solid noses.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Just be careful with the hair dryer....it can turn plastic into a runny puddle real quick like if you leave it in one place too long........then you'd have Quasimodo....

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
You must have a pretty powerful hair dryer then, I've used hair dryers for years and have never had that happen.

CHEERS!

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
You must have a pretty powerful hair dryer then, I've used hair dryers for years and have never had that happen.

CHEERS!
He's a "Man's Man" and uses a heat gun paint stripper to dry his hair, and a wire brush to clean his teeth.
There's no wimpy hair dryer in his bathroom and if you go to his toilet, there's a roll of sand paper to wipe yourself with.

·
Say what?
9,400 Posts
"roll of sand paper."

Where? I need one.

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
Thanks for the "man's man" plug, but I'm really trying to play that down.....it's obviously making lesser men sad.........:wink

But seriously, plastic has been melted by hair dryers; I was only trying to be helpful to the guy.......if that's ok with everyone......:think

·
Guardian of Hades
1,558 Posts
Thanks for the "man's man" plug, but I'm really trying to play that down.....it's obviously making lesser men sad.........:wink

But seriously, plastic has been melted by hair dryers; I was only trying to be helpful to the guy.......if that's ok with everyone......:think
:wink I'm only playing mate, no offence was intended.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts