One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know Dean Verge of Halifax, Nova Scotia Canada?

I only ask because he was contacted to complete a photo story for Figures.com and given free figures and product in turn for his services, which - to this day 3 months after the figures were delivered to him - have yet to be rendered.

If anyone has any contact information for him or knows where online he can be contacted (forums, blogs, etc), please contact me via PM.

Thank you -

Jess C. Horsley
Figures.com

·
BioChem Division
1,207 Posts
Sawgunner,
sorry for the nitpick and OT:O, but just wanted to let you know the quote from the song in your sig was originally authored by Joy Division/Ian Curtis (one of my all time favorite songs BTW), not The Killers (just IMO if it were quoted in word, it should have the original author credited). although the Killers cover of that song is indeed an awesome version of it.

·
UMMM UMMM B17C#
8,816 Posts
Guilty before proven..?Maybe there is a reson for it beyond his control...Let him come forward before he is convicted of anything.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
What's the address for his website? That would be useful since he has had no contact with Jess in 3 months.

Not guilty at this point, but needs to be contacted.

Can't see anyone will sell out their integrity for merely three figures.
We've had members here do it for less in the trade boards.

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Guilty? Who said anything about guilt? Guilty would be : BANNED. TO is just that.....a Time Out to gather facts and information when questionable activity is involved. I left the blank for :
Trade Priveledges....viewing...whatever the case encompasses.
Man, I don't what you guys were thinking........

·
Registered
1,122 Posts

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A few corrections to possible misconceptions...

I HAVE heard from him in the last 3 months. He was originally contacted and contracted to do a photo story for Figures.com/OSW back in mid-December 2007 and I received multiple emails from him prior to the end of the year. I even spoke with him on the phone. However, since Jan 1, I've received two emails from him, one on 1/09/08 telling me his computer had broken down and another on 2/27/08 telling me he'd suffered a death in the family and would have some of the work to me the following weekend (which would have been March 1 & 2). It's now been almost 3 weeks since then and still nothing...

I've called and left over five messages since February 27 trying to contact him and have yet to hear back from him regarding his deal with Figures.com. I'm not considering him "guilty" of anything but NOT following through on his end of the deal.

Figures.com and the Figures.com network is a professional publication and, as such, when we contact people to do specific jobs and they receive payment for it in advance, we expect them to follow through. He said he would be willing to produce photo stories for Figures.com/OSW in exchange for free figures. In all, he received well over $150 worth of product for free in advance of providing anything but a few sample images of his previous work. While I accept full responsibility for sending him this product (and coordinating to have one of OSW's most respected sponsors send him product), he gave his word he'd provide a photo story starring these particular figures in exchange for the product and has yet to deliver a single page.

The link above IS his page and Dean is fairly well known within the Mego collecting community. He even helped work on Ben Holcomb's book Mego 8" Super-Heroes: World's Greatest Toys! which is why he was contacted in the first place for this particular job as his work is very good.

I would not normally make public business-specific issues, but as this is a tight-knit community, I believe it's necessary to speak out when something like this goes on...and for as long as it's been going now as well...

At this time, I've called and reached one of his relations and hope to reach him soon, though considering he's had ample opportunity to contact me via phone or email over the last 3 months, I'm beginning to doubt if he'll ever deliver what he said he would...

Thank you all for your help in locating him and I'll be sure to update this when/if I ever hear anything new. Again, Dean's skills are amazing and he's expressed multiple (seemingly) legit reasons for why the story is late, but the fact he's not contacted me but twice in three months is completely unprofessional and my reason for openly airing this issue...

Thx again -
JCH

·
KUSA Kustomizer
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I have still not heard back from Dean and thus we're beginning the next step in making this right which may or may not include contacting his local authorities. I appreciate all of the help OSW.com has provided in this matter -

JCH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts