One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I no longer wanna mess around with paints and brush. Never used spray paint even though I bought one 10 years ago.........still haven't bothered to use it. Too much hassle. Just wanna kitbash.....not big on customizing and weathering like some experts on this forum do....which, by the way, blow me away time after time.

I've read on a number of posts where some members use real face cammo paint on the figure. Two questions:

1. How do you apply it to make it look as real as possible? Ex:finger, Q-tips, etc.
2. It is oil-based (i think). What's the long-term effect on the figure's paint on the face?

Thank you in advance, guys.

·
Registered
10 Posts
You know, that's a really good question.

If I had both similar concerns yet still wanted to use the paint, I'd look into applying some kind of clear coating to the HS prior to applying the paint. Maybe something as simple as a clear-drying white school glue. That way, if need be, I can later just wash everything off.

There's bound to be somebody here with experience in this matter.

·
Registered
548 Posts
lomax,

I used a cotton bud (US translation: Q-tip?). As for removal .. well, havn't got that far yet although I understand baby oil is good - just squeezing them hard enough is the problem! ;)

This is how it turned out:

That rifle is also cammed up with facepaint as well.

·
itchyrider
137 Posts
Believe it or not but the cameo on this TUS Figure Face goes back since 2000 and I remember using cammo stick bought from a surplus store in Brunswick, Ga. I have been "dragging around" this figure since then and used it for the present bash from a couple of days ago. After 7 or 8 years the Grease paint camo has completely dried out and has the feel of egg shell, kinda weird. I remember at the time of application, to be careful, not to smear the camo stick on the little face. I seamed at the time that the greasy consistency of the cammo paint would never dry. After getting the figure from storage after all the years for a new bash I was amused how after all the years the cammo finally dried.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts