One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there is; I've seen some pretty amazing samurai dolls in 1:6. But they do seem prohibitively expensive. I guess I was curious if there were cheaper sets out there that could be modified/painted/kit bashed.

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
It depends on what you mean by "cheaper" vs. "prohibitively expensive." There's no bargain priced, high quality samurai armor, and that would always be unlikely. But actually the DiD ones were terrific, and if you find one now they may be far cheaper than the more recent premium ones, and to my mind well worth it. Original price was @ $150 ten years ago, so paying something around $200 now for such a complex figure doesn't seem out of line, don't know if that's prohibitively expensive to you. With luck on EBay you could even get an under $100 bargain.

Japanese Samurai Takeda Shingen 1:6 Scale 12" Figure - DiD - Metal Accessories | eBay

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I knew Tom Cruise was gonna come up!

I guess I wouldn't mind pics. I'm not very familiar with a lot of the lingo as far as companies and such. And if anyone's done customs.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Some good possibilities for armor with the new Toys Dao 'Hell Ninja' - ToysDao new relase figure TD-01 Hell Ninja - Good, basic looking armor, not the show suits.

I asked them if loose armor, or something like that might happen. They said not right now, understandably because they are in mid-development. They look to be capable of doing the unexpected. They showed this today, on FB:

·
Registered
956 Posts
You know, the more I look at how Samurai armor is made, the more I want to try building some. It actually looks like it wouldn't be that complicated to do. I've been planning to customize all the Dream Ex TMNT figures as they come out, and wanted to do some sort of samurai armor on Leonardo. Since he has such a weird build, I can't imagine any pre-existing 1/6 armor working, so I think making some might just be my only option. I'll have to post pics if it comes out at all decent.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts