One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Wondering if you can help me out: Do you know of any approx 12" robot / mecha toys or models that look like the mech below? I recently saw this mech in the game Earth Defense Force 4.1 and LOVE how it looks. It has that "blocky military equipment yet futuristic" look that's perfect. I would love to have a robot like this to go with my 12" Godzilla figures and other beasties.

I don't follow mech/robot models normally, so I'm not sure what's available. I found the large Gundams in my research, but they all appear to be too sleek and humanoid. I'm looking for a mech that looks like chunky machinery, all pistons and blocky shapes, but with a futuristic flare and lots of little detail. (Zaku is out)

Any suggestions?

FRONT:

BACK:

· in-the-closet lesbian
4,341 Posts
I think Max Steel, Transformers and Gundam toy lines are the best places to search.

The Termonator Salvation Harvester might be a good option, or some of the walking RC robots you see in toy stores.

Mondo will also be making 12 inch mecha figures that are versions of popular characters such as Captain America and Spiderman. Maybe Neca's 18 inch Pacific Rim robots might sort of work with modding

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think Max Steel, Transformers and Gundam toy lines are the best places to search.

The Termonator Salvation Harvester might be a good option, or some of the walking RC robots you see in toy stores.

Mondo will also be making 12 inch mecha figures that are versions of popular characters such as Captain America and Spiderman. Maybe Neca's 18 inch Pacific Rim robots might sort of work with modding
Thanks, Jaz! That Harvester is not quite the style I was looking for, but it's now a new thing I want. It looks awesome!

Hi. Look for the Internet (1/27 scale robot). These robots are 9-12 "
Wow! These are great. I think one of these can work. Plus the other smaller mechs look great, too. Thank you!

· Registered
113 Posts
Not sure if this might be to your liking as it's an SD version of Metroplex and less than 12". You need to pop the head off the ball joint to get this look. It's made by Master Made and called Titan. There's also Apollo, Fortress, Diablo Rex and Destruction Scorpion. I only own the Titan, so can't help with the others.
Titan copies Makuros 2 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr
Titan copies Makuros 1 by Vicki Lee, on Flickr
Titan Armed by Vicki Lee, on Flickr

There's also Bandai's Hi-Metal R line. Look at Macross destroids. They might be interesting as well. But if you want big, look at their Monster. Even at a small 1/100 scale it's huge. It's got tons of cannons and is literally a monster looking mech. LOL

And here's a nice review of the Monster (ignore the background):

· Registered
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Gavined & Cannonfodder - Thanks very much for the info!

Not sure if this might be to your liking as it's an SD version of Metroplex and less than 12". You need to pop the head off the ball joint to get this look. It's made by Master Made and called Titan. There's also Apollo, Fortress, Diablo Rex and Destruction Scorpion. I only own the Titan, so can't help with the others.

There's also Bandai's Hi-Metal R line. Look at Macross destroids. They might be interesting as well. But if you want big, look at their Monster. Even at a small 1/100 scale it's huge. It's got tons of cannons and is literally a monster looking mech. LOL

And here's a nice review of the Monster (ignore the background):
Bandai HMR Destroid Monster Review - YouTube
Thanks, doodlehobby! That Metroplex without the head is so close, but the SD proportions do make it look a little funny. That Hi-Metal Monster --- WOW! I wasn't even looking for that, but now I want it so badly. :) I specifically remember seeing that mech in Robotech as a kid and thinking it was amazing (I always wondered why they had a mech so heavy that it damaged the ship it was standing on). Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.