One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
I don't think there are any anymore Daniel. I went to Apogee once, they were alright when I met them but then stuff happened that got them on the bad dealer section and they no longer exist, nor does Voyager toys for some other reason. I wonder where their stock went? :p

Theres a comic shop off of 59 that has some 12" stuff, mainly sideshow's movie/tv stuff but its overpriced imo. I think its Nan's Games & Comics @ 2011 SW Fwy. The other big comic shops are kind of in the same vein.

There's also a club, space city joes, and they have a forum of their own but I don't usually see much activity there, sometimes they have intel on new loot though, like 21c at Walmart, though you'll have to race Krechet to the Soviet/AK stuff :p

·
itchyrider
137 Posts
I lived in Houston, tx back in the 70s and 80s and there were hobbie shops all over. There was on in Sharpstown mall that i use to visit every other day and another in Post Oak. One on Westhimer Drive, One in Memorial park Mall one in gulfgate mall. one in alameda mall. they are all gone and a lot of those malls are gone too.

itchyrider, so, tx

·
Registered
13 Posts
I live in Houston now and I'm fairly certain there is nothing around. All of those malls listed in the above post are still there, I'm pretty sure, but the stores are gone.
With the invention of the internet most stores like that disappeared. I noticed that a lot of the anime stores are gone too. I remember years ago my friend and I were obsessed with Japanimation (we called it that then) and used to go to all these shops to buy art books and all sorts of stuff. Now there are about two or three of them.
But of course they had trouble staying in business because they sold everything for so much more than what you could get it for online once the internet kicked into high gear. Like the girl I used to run with bought a doll from Vampire Princess Miyu in one of those stores years and years ago for about $150 (or more) and the other day I just happened to see the exact same doll on some website for $49. Just too hard for them to compete.
If you are looking for Hot Toys figures (usually of the Star Wars variety) comic book shops will have them. But again they're going to be more than what you would pay online most of the time.
There is a Bedrock City on 1960 (and one somewhere else) and there is a small comic shop near where I live in The Woodlands called Fat Ogre and they sell some action figures. Nothing exciting though. Just Star Wars and maybe something of Superman...

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yeah Voyager went under and some of the former employees started Apogee with the remainder of Voyager's stock, but they too went under since it was only a two man operation. Other than that, Nan's on 59 and Third Planet on 59 are the only stores here that really carry any 1/6 items... Third Planet gets Hot toys items, but the prices are outrageous...

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
They have meetings about once a month,which usually fall on the same weekend as a local gun show. PM me and I will send you a contact EMAIL address for one of there members who can direct you to the location of the next meeting/PX. Tell them the guy from Alvin with the SVD sent me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.