One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Still an work in progress.

I got majorly bored last night an couldn't sleep. SO! Anime and me staring at that 12inch Action Figure MPL that I been meaning to build.

So far this where I got too. Still need to drill out the Vents and Drill in a barrel.

The newer version I am working on and on the bottom is the original I started last year.

Enjoy.

BTW!!! I have NO Clue what I am going to use these for.. I guess more gun in the Weapon's Locker Diorama.

·
One Sixth Gunsmith
1,234 Posts
Re: *ANOTHER!* Walther MPL rebuild. WIP

BTW!!! I have NO Clue what I am going to use these for.. I guess more gun in the Weapon's Locker Diorama.
Doesn't matter what it is for!
The more the merrier!
The end justifies the means, brother. Who's to say that all custom weapons must be used in a kitbash? I, personally, do not display figures ... only the guns.

Speaking of which, are you going to give this one a wire stock. The pic below shows the wire stock in both positions, as well as the 2 different barrel lengths of the MPL?

Looking good, man.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Yep! Going with the Wire Stock version this time around. I'm making a Wire Jig today.

·
Registered
5,216 Posts

The pic below shows the wire stock in both positions, as well as the 2 different barrel lengths of the MPL?

Looking good, man.

Actually, there is only one barrel length of MPL... long!

The Walther Maschinenpistole came in two versions: MPL (Lang / long 10.2") and MPK (Kurz / short 6.8").

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Walther_MP

Nice work Broadshore!

:thumb

·
Web Research Junkie
1,598 Posts

Supposedly from some old sources I have somewhere Delta Force used these in the early 80's as well as the HK 21. Guess you could always build an early 80's Delta team

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

I forgot to update this bad boy from years ago.

BTW, this project was finished like lasts year for that Fictional German figure I did.

·
1:6 enthusiast
2,052 Posts
Very nice, Uswin. It's hard to believe that you achieved such a great result from such a simplified source weapon.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Very nice, Uswin. It's hard to believe that you achieved such a great result from such a simplified source weapon.
I know right. Taking something that is pretty much crap or close to crap. And turn it into something better. The MPL from the Super System set isn't that bad. If you put the effort and time into some of the weapons. They can come out really nice. Including that review I did from what... 2014.?

There are 1/6 cheapies out there that can be polish up.

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thank you guys! I can't believe I forgot to update this post on that MPL I did a few years ago.

*Rubs chin* I think I need another MPL in the locker. >->

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
That ended up beautifully, Uswin. The MPLs seem to show up in many places. Their very appearance makes them intriguing.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts