One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Inspired by the upcoming movie, the too-expensive SST figure, and the other great bashes done over the years...Here's my own version of Snake Eyes...

The head was sculpted from scratch with Sculpey. I used a Hot Toys Truetype base body. The mini-Uzi was also sculpted using sculpey, with a working folding stock. The sword is from Sigma 6 Snake eyes. Under the vest, he has some leather and "kevlar" armor. Pants, vest, boots, pistol, bags are all DML. The holster is actually the forward grip of the cygirls Spas12.

Here he is...

·
Registered
160 Posts
Nice. Love that head sculpt.

I know this seems off the subject...but I did this drawing of Snake many years ago.

Have you ever had an idea in and then see it come to fruition on the mass market? I'm sure we all have experienced something to that degree.
I just wanted to note that in my drawing I have Snake geared up as a commando. He has the body forming clothing on his upper torso, but has the looser material on his lower half. Just as we've all seen on Snake kitbashes and in the up and coming movie. Strange, but nice to know we all feel the same artistic way.

·
Speed Thrills
3,997 Posts
Man that head sculpt is wicked. Love the design of the visor and appearance of bolts or rivets on the bottom portion...Way out...

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks!
The head was sculpted with sculpey. The uzi took the most time to make. Had to sculpt and bake in stages...around 7 stages, i think, and it's still far from perfect (unpainted it kina looks like an uzi made of clay). The folding stock is actually a wire, bent and folded and inserted into a small rubber tube to enable it to pivot. The pants and tactical vest were painted (didn't want to spend for new gear) and the camera flash brought out all the paint inconsistencies. It was a fun project. :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.