One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I think I need some advice or at least someone to go over the current situation to see if perhaps I'm wording things wrong or being too expectant.

I recently bought a small lot of figures from a seller on Ebay. Nothing expensive, just 20 bucks, all bash fodder. Anyway, the items were supposed to be delivered on Monday along with another package from a different seller and when I checked the tracking that morning at work, I saw that it was indeed listed as out for delivery. However, when I got home and checked the mail, all that was in there was the second package. I checked tracking and it was changed to 'Delivery status not updated.'

A little curious, I called the USPS customer service number but the woman I spoke to told me exactly what I already knew and she said that the seller would have to call to file a claim or receive further information. That day (Tuesday), I emailed the seller and explained what was going on.

"Hello there!

The package hasn't been delivered yet but tracking placed it as out for delivery yesterday and today it's saying that the delivery status wasn't updated. I called USPS but the individual that I spoke to said that the sender had to call to receive information about the item, so I'm passing that along and letting you know :)
I'm hoping that it didn't get lost and just got left on the truck or something.

Have a good day!"

Later that day, I got a reply.

"USPS is swamped right now because of Xmas. I was at the Post Office today and it was a mad house. They lost my package even though I had tracking. I went back later and another employee found it. Give them another day or two and let me know what's up. They've hired a ton of temps and mistakes are common."

My response was,

"Oh, I hadn't even thought of that. I'm more than fine waiting a couple days."

So today, I checked the mail and still no package, I've received other items since Monday but this one pesky package is still missing. I contacted the seller to give them a very brief update.

"Heya,

Reporting in, still nothing I'm afraid."

An hour or so later, they responded.

"According to tracking, it's in Mesa right now. You'll probably have it tomorrow."

The sellers response kinda made me go 'huh?' because I felt as though I'd previously explained that the package was out for delivery (which would imply it was in Mesa) but then suddenly wasn't and that they weren't understanding what I was saying. So I sent them this reply.

"Yes, tracking shows it's been in Mesa since the 9th and was on the truck and out for delivery on Monday, the 11th but it never got delivered that day and the status was then changed to 'Delivery status not updated' and unfortunately, it has remained that way since then. I'm more than fine waiting until tomorrow but if the status doesn't change or the item isn't received by tomorrow, then where do we go from there? What options are open to us?"

I feel like maybe I was a little rude in my last response. Maybe I'm being a little impatient as well but when everything else that you've bought has come in except for one thing, it's a bit unnerving and I feel like the seller is kind of dismissing this missing package. Like I said to the seller, I'm totally fine with waiting until tomorrow but if it still doesn't arrive or the status still hasn't been updated I'm not sure if the seller will call the post office if I asked them to. I feel like I'm overreacting and being a baby because I want my toys lol But at the same time, I feel like the seller isn't really taking it seriously.

Here's the tracking so you can see what I'm talking about.
USPS.com(R) - USPS Tracking(R) Results

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,827 Posts
OK.

I have a couple of questions.

1. You paid by PayPal through eBay as goods/services right?

2. All your communications were conducted through eBay messaging right?

If yes to #1 and #2, then I suggest waiting a few more days. If nothing received, then at that point politely inform the seller you'll be filing a claim with eBay and let it run its course because you've been more than patient and ultimately it's your $.

I too experienced odd delays with USPS, but the bottom line is you're being patient and reasonable in terms of waiting, but don't be a push over. If you waited within reason (i.e. two weeks MAX) and nothing, then you need to do what you need to do. Nothing personal. Keep it business.

I'd expect the same if I was the buyer or the seller. Then again, being anal as I am I would take more caution and time in what I send out properly regardless.

That's my take on it. Not that it means anything.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes to both 1 and 2 and I figure I'll wait until Wednesday and by then if there's no change or nothing has happened then I'll go the next step.

Appreciate the advice DFC!

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The response I got from the seller this morning was,

"Go ahead and file an item not received with Ebay. If USPS lost it, you'll be covered as well as me. The sooner the ball gets moving, the sooner we'll have a resolution. Take care."

Now, I still want the items but given the above response, I don't believe the seller has any interest whatsoever in calling USPS. Should I even bother broaching the subject or should I just file the claim, get my money back and wash my hands of it?

·
Registered
5,657 Posts

"Go ahead and file an item not received with Ebay. If USPS lost it, you'll be covered as well as me. The sooner the ball gets moving, the sooner we'll have a resolution. Take care."

Now, I still want the items but given the above response, I don't believe the seller has any interest whatsoever in calling USPS. Should I even bother broaching the subject or should I just file the claim, get my money back and wash my hands of it?
I think you may be assigning an unrealistic significance to someone calling USPS. There's nothing to report that USPS doesn't already know. They've tagged the item "In-Transit Delayed" and either they'll deliver it, or not, without a contact from the seller achieving anything more at all. Understandably your frustration leads you to wanting to see someone/anyone do something to acknowledge you, but really there's nothing the seller can do by calling USPS, it's all in their hands. Certainly don't miss any drop dead deadline dates for initiating a Claim on an item undelivered, but short of the expiry of the time period, all you can and should do is wait. Hope for the best.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,827 Posts

--

The reality is that there are sellers who are indifferent or just plain don't give a $%^& for whatever reasons let alone contact USPS or whatever carrier.

You covered yourself by going through eBay and PayPal in terms of the transaction and payment. You did your due diligence and honesty/transparency thus far.

Like you posted/said, give it a few more days and file or as the seller stated might as well file now. I'd say wait a few days and do it. eBay/PayPal will in all likelihood side with you and you'll receive your refund.

In the event the package does turn up later on afterwards, then simply do the right thing.

I have to say it's a bit awkwardly refreshing to read about an order that goes sideways, but will likely end up in the buyers favor instead of the usual dumb @$$ mistakes made by buyers that ends up with money and time lost due to $%^&ty sellers and such and even horror stories of scumbag buyers screwing over honest sellers.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would try rescheduling a delivery. I had a situation come up with week that showed my package out for delivery but it wasn't delivered. I figured it had been left on the truck and would be delivered the following the day. I was tracking the package via text and email and got a text just before 8 pm that my package was available for pickup (which I never scheduled). I know this time of year is crazy so I waited a day to see if it would be delivered and is was not. Available for pickup according to yet another text and email. I went to the USPS website and requested that re-delivery be scheduled even though I had no slip or anything from the Post Office. I just included the tracking number in the comment section. The next day I got my package. It is crazy this time of year and it may very well just be sitting. USPS may just need a reminder to look for your package. I hope you get it.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MAM, you're probably right. I guess I was looking at it as, 'if the roles had been reversed, I would have done whatever I could to help/figure something out' but you're right, they don't have to do anything.

DFC, thanks again. I'm going to wait until Tuesday and see and if the package arrives then it's all good. If not, then I'll file with Ebay.

OceanGirl, thank you for the tip! I just submitted a reschedule request, so we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Furthermore, if you get philosophical about it...we all assign an "unrealistic significance" to our own lives and our place in the universe.:think
I can get philosophical with the best of them, but really all that I meant, without diminishing our hobby, is that on a purely practical level any call or complaint from the Seller isn't going to make USPS move faster or do anything different. If they "misplaced" the item hopefully they'll redeliver. If they've outright lost it (hope not) they'll eventually say so and that's the time the Seller can make a Claim against USPS if so advised, but ultimately that's his own business. Your Claim against the Seller for no delivery received likely has a different deadline under EBay, just make sure you don't miss it. Seller has to pay you back, and then, if he doesn't feel like in turn chasing USPS that's purely his prerogative. Hopefully the goods show up and all this becomes moot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts