One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Hobby Military Advisor
998 Posts
Thats the first time I have seen someone kitbashing something base on Marvels The NAM. Well, ACE helmets can be found easily but are a bit more expensive, or you could get a Dragon M1 helmet of WWII/Korea and get Battle Gear Toys Mitchell Pattern camo cover and add some retaining band to make the helmet compete.

As for boots: depending on your budget you can either get Dragon or BBI Jungle boots or get the BGT ones with real lacing and all.

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
I agree with ZeroDelta. The DML uniform looks like the jacket is the proper length, which has escaped other companies. I like his mug too, nice expression.

· Hobby Military Advisor
998 Posts
I have been using DML Jungle Uniforms for all my NAM Grunt kitbashes, they are still the best ones on my opinion. Also, another thing: I would get some M1956 pouches and replace the the M1967 ones, I think that fits better overall, at least if you want to show him like he was early in the run of the comic.

· Cobra Infantry Commander
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have been using DML Jungle Uniforms for all my NAM Grunt kitbashes, they are still the best ones on my opinion. Also, another thing: I would get some M1956 pouches and replace the the M1967 ones, I think that fits better overall, at least if you want to show him like he was early in the run of the comic.
you think? i will have to source the 1956 gear if i do use it. and yes, i will use ace gear if i can. i also really like the jungle uni too, i think it looks best. edit...
this drawing from the illustrator shows later issue m1967 gear in use by pvt marks.

· Hobby Military Advisor
998 Posts
Hmm, that illustration looks more like he is carrying the short 20rd M16A1 mag pouch, not the M1967 one, you can tell by the fact that pouch is closed by a cloth strip and not a plastic closure. The rest is hard to make out, but the belt is not having that quick release buckle, so could be a M1956 one.

But the illustration is very well done, it shows the PFC rank insignia on the shoulders, these where color ones early one, then replaced by green on black ones, before these where phased out in favor of collar insignia.

Well all fo the insignias, including name tapes and whatnot you can get from One sixth Scale King by the way, thats where I got mine from, you can even tell him the name you want on the name tab and he will print it (otherwise you get random generated names).

To put the insignias on, I read that double sided cloth tape is best then trying to glue them on, I have yet to try it, but seeing how a pain fabric tac can be, I say the double sided cloth fixation tape is the better alternative.

One Sixth Scale king also has NAM era magazines, cigarette packages, manuals an more you can use for the figure.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.