One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, (this might be a ramble to start but bear with it)

The other day I visited a friend to enquire if she could do my hair , party coming up in a few weeks. Whilst I was in her shop I noticed a 'doll' sitting on one of the shelves, now on closer inspection I noted that this figure was not the usual run of the mill out of proportion type of character found in toy shops.

Well I enquired about her to be told that she was 'special' for the kids especially the young girls who came into the shop with their parents.

One of the specialities of the shop my friend manages is high quality hair pieces , again not your usual variety but those for people who have had or will be undergoing chemotherapy.

So this very special figure was wearing a wig she was totally hairless under, the idea being that she served as an example to the children who may need to have a hair piece.

I was really impressed with the idea especially after the slating various figures have had for their body shape and the detrimental effects that this may lead to on the developing child's self image.

I was wondering if any one else had seen other ideas where our hobby actually provides a positive example to people and helps them.

·
Pug Lord
1,122 Posts
Very insipiring! Reminds me of the new trend of " Solidarity Head Shaving". When a classmate having chemo returns to school, friends ( boys AND girls alike) will get their heads shaved and they all grow their hair back together.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Well done to her, for a kindness extended to these kids. So much good in people.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts