One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
DO NOT READ THIS SENTENCE
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just been playing around with one of those 'dig your own dinosaur' thingys you can buy from toy shops really cheap. If you've never heard of them, they're basically a little model kit of a dinosaur skeleton incased on a weird plaster/powder stuff,costs around £1-£3, its this plaster stuff that this thread is about.

http://www.imaginarykingdom.com/Catalog/ToysGames/wildrepublictoys/wildrepublictrexdinodig.asp

ive found that once you 'dug up' the the toy (put it together and played with it for a while ;), you have quite allot of the plaster stuff left over. This stuff looks just like 1/6th sand! It also acts as if it has some kind of adhesive in it so it will stick to your figure/vehicles/diorama bases.

You may want to spray it with hairspray just to make sure it sticks, never can be to careful!!

you can rub it onto/into the uniforms aswell

It looks great

Ive uploaded some pics onto here to show you the results of using this stuff on my US Sniper's knee pads.

Hope this helps someone out there!!!

88reaper88 signing off.....

Forgot to mension that you can compress the plaster to form solids, so it may be suitable to make bricks with!!!

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The whole point of using the dinosaur sand stuff is that you dont need any glue!! it doesnt rub off either!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
The dino sand looks pretty useful and looks good, tho since it's kid-safe, it probably will turn out to contain depleted-uranium or some other kind of mutation-inducing ingredients.

·
2,235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well ive not suffered any side effects from handling it, apart from this strange urge for human blood... ;)

·
Registered
3,355 Posts
Very nice at least it is not permanent. Washable for sure. Well.. I collect and try to be more original. I admire those kitbashers the way they try to be close to realism. The results exceed original equipment standards. Damn they r good. Me..Kitbash yes..weathering NOPE. I like mine NEAT. they get dusty anyway.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.