One Sixth Warriors Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I LOVED SGT.Hollywood's fading job on the TS Tiger Stripes. I do not like using bleach though. Bleach weakens the fabric and I don't want to risk it. Well, RIT dye makes a powdered product called Fade Fast.....it's safe, and will NOT weaken the fabric. It actually makes the fabric softer!! it was made for jeans. I used 1 level teaspoon in 3 qts of water and dipped the pants in for 2 minutes.....you can fade as much as you want..it comes with detailed intructions. Remember though, convert everything to 1:6. Here's the result:

·
Space Shuttle Door Gunner
5,445 Posts
Okay. I think I'd be willing to use something like that on my Tiger Stripes. It wouldn't hurt me too bad. Good find.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Great discovery Sawgunner, I'm wondering if I can purchase these RIT dye products in Canada? Sounds like a good alternative!!!

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Why dont you guys just through your stuff in the washing machine? it works great

·
I got you "covered" ! (OSW Staff)
5,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I searched everywhere in all kinds of stores that carried RIT dye...NONE of them had Fade Fast......I had to order it from RIT's online store. It took only 4 days to get it.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
This definitely fits in the nifty-beans to cool-beans category. Thanks, Butch!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts