One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
See subject.

Back around 2001 through 2003, these 1:6 female figures from BBI/Blue Box Toys were very popular.

These are a far cry from what we're accustomed to nowadays, but remember these figures were the beginnings of what evolved/progressed to what we have available nowadays for 1:6 female figures.

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body "Jet"

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body "Kat"

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body "Sky"

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body STAGE 2 Blonde

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body STAGE 2 Brunette

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body STAGE 2 African American

BBI CY GIRLS Perfect Body STAGE 2 Asian

·
Registered
913 Posts
I bought into these bodies at first and had fun customizing a few but quickly realized they weren't all that good for articulation or looks. Hard to put into words but they just did not have the right flow and had a difficult time posing them.
I have a new articulated female body design/designs but I will have to somehow fund the production myself (which is unlikely) or get a kickstarter going. I wanted to finish off more hand sculpts before previewing it everywhere but that is more difficult to do than I thought. I'll finish one more hand sculpt up and then preview it here very soon, with the rest of the hand sculpts to follow whenever I get those done.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Also looking at these and seeing how they were advertised makes me wonder what "the perfect female figure" will be in ten years.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
Memories, I have their Joanna Dark figure from that era, well, most of her anyway, I'm not entirely sure where her head ended up, but I was going to repaint it at some point, I was on MWD and still hadn't discovered this site at that time. As far as I know, she used a PB as opposed to a Cy body.

CHEERS!

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Memories, I have their Joanna Dark figure from that era, well, most of her anyway, I'm not entirely sure where her head ended up, but I was going to repaint it at some point, I was on MWD and still hadn't discovered this site at that time. As far as I know, she used a PB as opposed to a Cy body.

CHEERS!
--

Yes.

Joanna used a CY GIRLS Perfect Body.

Two versions of Joanna was produced by BBI.

One was in her black oufit that came with many of her signature weapons that was repurposed and sold as a CY GIRLS CY GEAR weapons set along with a few CY GIRLS weapons.

The other was her blue colored battle outfit with faux chrome/metal armor parts.

I wished an updated Joanna Dark 1:6 figure would have been offered when she made her XBOX debut with PERFECT DARK ZERO.

·
Fueled by Twix.
836 Posts
I had a few of the old Cy Girls figures... really well done. I gave them to my ex a couple years ago and I think all of their hair was falling out. I remember the first thing that struck me when they came out was how large their hands looked, and then I realized it is because they were some of the first female figures out to have properly scaled hands.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
The PB has been my primary female figure since they were introduced. They're stood the test of time, not one of them has broken, and their articulation compares well with current figures. Time does move on, though, and I've started to update my characters with more current bodies and head sculpts.

·
in-the-closet lesbian
4,334 Posts
I bought into these bodies at first and had fun customizing a few but quickly realized they weren't all that good for articulation or looks. Hard to put into words but they just did not have the right flow and had a difficult time posing them.
I have a new articulated female body design/designs but I will have to somehow fund the production myself (which is unlikely) or get a kickstarter going. I wanted to finish off more hand sculpts before previewing it everywhere but that is more difficult to do than I thought. I'll finish one more hand sculpt up and then preview it here very soon, with the rest of the hand sculpts to follow whenever I get those done.
I agree. the body was great (I especially love the wide hips and thicker legs on the CG line) but the articulation did feel a little awkward at times. The swappable busts was a great idea at the time so if newer bodies could incorporate it more often that would be nice.

I can't wait to see your hand sculpted body!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.