One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone

This is my first time posting on OSW forum and first of all I would like to say how fantastic is this community with so many avid collectors. :clap
Now onto my main issue!
I picked up my Hot Toys Aliens Power Loader last night and after completing the assembly I inspected the model and found something I am not quite sure if it's a fault/ norm.

(Btw the lights are switched on.)

If you look closely at the vertical bar light, on the bottom there, I've circled, what looks like another LED? Is this suppose to be off or is it suppose to light up just like the top?
I've inspected the pictures on numerous websites and can not come to a firm conclusion. So if any PL owners can comment on this issue that'll be great! I appreciate the time.
:cheers

·
Registered
577 Posts
LED are suppose to be lights up if you have switched "on". Check those wiring to see whether you have "bad contact" issue. Should you have a multi-meter, check to see the DC voltage in confirming power supply of the circuitry.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry but what I meant in the original post is if the vertical bar of light have 2 LEDs. One for the top which I know is working and one on the bottom in the area I've circled.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi ji2099,

Mine is packed away and buried in storage, so I can't test it, but looking at the photos on Michael's review (9th photo and penultimate photo), I'd say there is only supposed to be 1 LED in the vertical strip.

Although the photos obscure most of the transparent part, you can clearly see brighter light coming from the top half of the visible part.

Also, as I remember, the yellow plastic on the roll cage is quite thin and not completely opaque. I think you can actually see the one LED shining through the vertical strut in Michael's photos. Again, you only see it at the top of the vertical part, not at the bottom. Try it with yours in the dark - does it look similar to Michael's photos?

Based on this evidence, I'd say your PL is "5 by 5" bud ;-)

Cheers,
CH

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh thanks for the input guys.
Cornhelium I've too noticed that the top LED shines through the vertical bar as the yellow plastic is quite thin but just wanted to be sure. I have tried lighting it up in the dark and its still a bit hard to confidently say because in comparison to Michael's photos I've noticed that when lit up, Ripley's left cheek bone seems to be less bright which implies no LED?!? So that'll make mine normal.
Anyways thanks again for taking the time to help me out. BTW do you mind me asking why you haven't built your PL? I couldn't wait to build mine when I got it. It honestly only took around 30min to do and that included studying the instructions carefully and watching Youtube demos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts