One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Thanks for checking up the post. This is Dwayne Hicks from the movie Aliens. The armor set was done by the EVA models, painted with humbrol enamel colors used in the movie.
The headset was scratch build. The LV-426 dio was scrach build as well.
The head comes from Joy&Tom studios. Superb sculpt and cast as always.

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts
aww man that is wicked!
Still kinda funny to see the EVA kits popping up now and then, I'd expect they'd be mighty hard to come by these days.

·
Intercept,Engage,Destroy
5,195 Posts
Wow he looks awesome! Great job!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks a lot for the kind words guys, really appreciated!

Very well done.
What were the humbrol colors used?
Kapernakis, here is the humbrol colors: humbrol matt 30 (black), 33 (dark green), 63 (sand), 98 ( chocolat), 147 (light grey) e 170 brown bess.

Brown bess is a very hard color to find, it was discontinued more than 15 years ago.
There are two nice mix you can try out using tamiya paints: first one: 10 parts of khaki drab + 3 parts of red.
Second: 3 parts of red brown, 2 parts of olive drab, 1 part of buff and one part of white.
The first one is the best one, you can also add some deck tan to give that grey look the PR got on some shots.
Hope that helps.

·
It Figures!
268 Posts
Wow, really nice work! I'm trying to rebuild my HT Hicks myself. Do they have any more of those heads for sale, and how much are they? Very inspiring!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks a lot Rhino really loved what you have said :woohoo
Wow, really nice work! I'm trying to rebuild my HT Hicks myself. Do they have any more of those heads for sale, and how much are they? Very inspiring!
Mate, i'm shure they have more heads. Contact them at Joy & Tom Studios
They are just awesome, superb service, outstanding comms, really recommend the studio and the products.
I don't remember the cost of the heads, i've bought them unpainted, but they sell them painted as well.
Hope that helps. If you need some help on your rebuild fell free to give me a call.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts