One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I honestly thought I learned my lesson with drunken purchases in the past, but I guess not. While in a severely inebriated state, thanks to my kryptonite, vodka, last night I ordered the Phicen S02A from my earlier thread, some accessories for that project, and paid the deposit on the VeryCool female soldier Villa. I honestly hate that I spent that much at one shot, but at least I have those things to look forward to. I just need to figure out how to tell my wife.

On that note, am I alone in doing something like this, or have others on here done similar drunken purchases? I would like some validation that I am not the only one to fall into this trap. Haha.

·
1:6 Acquisitionist
12,923 Posts
What's the problem?

·
Cobra Infantry Commander
3,785 Posts
do i even need alcohol to qualify? cause i feel like i sometimes buy stuff, and then wonder why later on, or even regret it.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
No, that's not the definition of Alcohol Related Purchases. This purchase was of worthwhile, desired things that are probably well worth the money. We can say that about the Phicen body and the VeryCool figure, and we don't know but it's probably true about the accessories too. The "drunken purchase" concept is just the convenient excuse that justified spending that much money all at once, on stuff that you did want anyway. Now the real definition of the Alcohol Related Purchase would be when you find something on your bill that you don't remember ordering, and when it arrives, you wonder why in the heck would anyone ever want that thing. (hasn't happened to me, fortunately...)

·
Registered
10 Posts
No worries. I usually sell something on eBay to offset the cost and tell my wife what I sold to "cover" the new purchase :)

·
Registered
490 Posts
Simple solution:

buy your wife that pair of shoes / jewlery / dress / car / axe that she has wanted you to buy her for a while to make up for / camouflage the purchase.

·
I'm BACK!!
21,878 Posts
I gave one up for the other, regretted it and have been making up for it ever since by buying up all the old garage kits I once had and 1/6 figures when they're affordable.

CHEERS!

·
Resisting Evil
5,730 Posts
I blame all of my indescretions on an over-indulgence of alcohol....that way I never have to justify anything.....

·
i draw pictures.....
2,045 Posts
my drink of choice is BEER and while i really don't make purchases while drunk, i do work on my projects while inebriated. Last nite i threw down 2 sixpacks while working on my current project. Sculpting with modelling clay no less..lol

namaste
Miguel

·
Registered
601 Posts
That might be what I've referred to as DUI - Diorama(ing) Under the Influence. The best example I can think of (and one I've referred to several times in the past) is after downing a few Stoli-and-(usually lemon/lime soda) I get a great idea and break out the spray cans. Lots of colors, primers and sealant. Followed by lots of bad language. Why? Well, I'm on a roll and as I shake-and-spray away I realize I picked the can via the lid and not the contents (I didn't read the can...) and so what I thought was Clearcoat/Dullcoat turned out to be OD-Green.

....ever notice when ya make up bad language (because wucha use normally just doesn't seem to work) that it sounds, well, kinda German.

·
Registered
1 Posts
i have my self a toy (humm figure too be exact) addiction... it start since last december (dec 2016). That time i purchase my first 1/12 figure, bandai SHF Kamen Rider Black... and it continue with Ironma Civil War and Capt Civil War. Early this year, its very hard to Pre Order a figure that cost $40-50, coz it feel unfair and expensives. However this 1/12 addiction start getting crazy... less then 3 month since start, i have about 50 figure.

I have a friend in other country, he previously a 1/12 collector that move to 1/6. Since he live in other coutries, when he purchase HotToys (HT), he will send to my house, and let me do the inspection. THEN this activity 'open my eyes' that 1/6 is so much better... so about a month ago i start purchasing 1/6. Within last month, i think i purchase 7 HT. I start to stop but i dont think i cant.

The positives side of this 'addiction' that i dont think about purchase any un-needed alcohol, and i dont think about having any affair or playing with other woman, i dont look for any other thing, coz if we purchase a bottle of alcohol it better to 'adopt' 1 new HT.... hahahaha...

Yes this addiction is not good... but its better in term of health (physiclally, metal and relationship), however i think this also as bad as any other addiction, that cost lot of money. We cannot resist this good temptation, what we can do is being more responsible, and start controling our purchase... :)

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
Interesting Theme. Maybe i have do a figure bash after two bottles of Wodka and place it here in the Thread. Bad Guys will say all my bashes look like i´ve drunk two bottles wodka before :lol . like my Grammar....

Now the Mature content area is closed we can open a " Bashes of the Drunken OSW Guys " Area :lol

·
Registered
956 Posts
I do most projects with a few drinks in me (explains a lot, right?). Sometimes I'm amazed I still have all my fingers. I'm considering a few big 1/6 purchases, so maybe all I need is some liquid courage so I can stop hesitating. A few drinks in and I can start crossing things off my wish list.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts