One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have seen aks with scopes mounted to the side of the recievers but the other day i saw one with an aimpoint on the forgrip wouldnt that make it front heavy and is that a common thing to see?

also is there any place where i could buy one of the iraqi hats the floppy brown ones

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
You can buy pakol (also known colloquially to westerners as Masood hats, after the charismatic Northern Alliance commander) here.

There are plenty of examples of AKs with modern composite furniture, rails, and optics. I don't think it would make it particularly front heavy. Aimpoints and other red dot optics wouldn't significantly affect the balance of the weapon, IMHO.

·
Sir Lurksalot
668 Posts
Well, I have a chinese AK with red dot sight very similiar to an Aimpoint. The mount I used attaches to the gas tube so the sight sits right on top of the tube and I haven't really noticed it being anymore front heavy or unbalanced since I installed it. Hope that helps.

·
Customizer
2,232 Posts
My red dot sits a top the receiver on my AK , it's a custom I got a while back.
I'll try to get a pic posted when I get home next.
The custom is a replacement receiver cover that has a weaver type rail built on.
Works very well.
I've seen the aim point mounted on AK's but didn't like the set up so didn't go for it.
I'm thinking of going with an eotech in the near future, but they are pricey and red dot does the job fine so...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts