One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a 3 year project (together with the trailers) but here are the completed jeeps. All insignia and markings have been added. The insignia indicate they belong to the 1st Airlanding Light Regiment RA, in particular guns 1 & 2 of troop A of the 1st L/A Battery.
More background info on the 1st Airlanding Light Regiment RA as they were deployed during Operation Market Garden here: https://www.royalartilleryunitsnethe...ight-regt.html

These jeeps and trailers will be used tomorrow on a display at the National Liberty Museum at Groesbeek, to commemorate Operation Market Garden. And there will be a few more items on display...

NB:
Not sure how to control the orientation of the pictures. Any tips will be appreciated.

Attachments

· Registered
5,201 Posts
BEAUTIFUL work, Dutchman! Certainly looks the part, tho' far too clean looking... they must be participating in a parade!

Are the trailers scratchbuilt?

Thanx for posting this!

· wave man TDY staff
41,730 Posts
Whoa, that's some fine rolling stock, extra sharp on the camo patterns, paint, and markings. I wonder if there weren't some pretty clean bits of gear, when they were loaded aboard the gliders. This will be a marvelous display, well done Dutchman!

· Registered
539 Posts
Well thought out and done! Now it only needs some proper weathering and wear: I will also add some small details like some first aid kits, personal webbings, spent ammo on the floor, etc. Iirc there was a Scouts' jeep winner of the KotM presenting all such details in great number: possibly you will find some hints there on how a jeep on the battlefield should look like, unless you want to keep it pristine.

· Registered
354 Posts
Weathering is a very personal thing, and I don't think any model is incorrect if it doesn't have it. They look really great as they are, and could look equally great with weathering too it's your choice.

There is some great detailing gone into these, and some in depth research too. I love them.

Paul

· Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the compliments. Yes, the trailers are scratchbuilt. The rim was designed and 3d printed by me, the tire is from a DID nebelwerfer.

I know they look 'parade' clean, but -yet- I have not tried my hand at weathering. Given the amount of work I've put into these models, I first want to practise on a scrap model before weathering these vehicles.

· Registered
539 Posts
If I may I suggest you could try with Medicinal Clay (there are a few different hues, from pale yellow, light greenish grey, brownish): you can just dust them with a large brush or a blower (the clay is in a very fine powder), or dilute them in water and using a brush it will go anywhere and when dry it will become lighter and will accumulate in the natural places where usually dust will stuck. The other advantage is that if you do not like it, you can just wash it away with water; else you can even fix it with a transparent coat even if it's not really required since it will be quite stable, unless you wet it again. Just make some tests: it's very easy to use and it gives the most realistic weathering, at least for dry mud and dust.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.