One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Resident Kalashnikov nut!
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First bash of 08! These two figures are wearing a quilted suit with the gray "fish fur" collar taken off of the parka from the BBi special edition "Krechet" figure. The uniforms where dyed khaki and the end result after drying was a well worn,weathered look. Frustrated by the lack of Modern Russian/Soviet items in 1/6,I have resorted to finding alternatives to use for those Russian items that have yet to be made. So far,its proven successful. A few of the images are blurry,but you will get the point.

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Lookin' good Comrade! Oooo... and nice PKMs!

What uniforms did you use? I'm in the same boat in terms of scrounging for nice Soviet/Eastern Block bits for a current project that I'm restarting after a long hiatus.

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Very nice Sovs and weapons. You keep this up, and some commercial outfit's going to pound out some stuff just to compete.

·
Silent Hunter
14,676 Posts
Nicely done!! how about somed detailed pics of the PKMs?

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Here are some pics of the PKMs,posted way back...

The uniforms came from the Soldier Story Chinese bugler with the gray fish fur collar added to it from the BBi figure. When I found the uniforms loose a knew what I was going to do with them. I might re-dye them,they need to be more khaki/tan than the gray brown they are now. The cap also came from the Bugler,redyed and modified to look Russian. Despite the color,I am very happy with the way they came out.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
pukingdog said:
Very nice Sovs and weapons. You keep this up, and some commercial outfit's going to pound out some stuff just to compete.
One could only hope. We need more diverse offerings in this hobby besides the usual WWII German and US SpecOps/PMCs that everyone is making now.

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wysdom888 said:
" Your papers are in order" ( Quote from the Clint Eastwood Movie Firefox )..looks great :ar15
That is a good movie. I have liked ever since I seen it at the movie theatre in 1982. Damn Im old!

·
1:6 puppy
985 Posts
hmm...whats that russian movie?...9th company?6th?...how was that? i heard of a 'special edition' dvd of it in england...any word?..PKMs!..my kingdom for a PKM...or a 'plamya'!

·
In case of emergency....
1,997 Posts
Krechet said:
The uniforms came from the Soldier Story Chinese bugler with the gray fish fur collar added to it from the BBi figure. When I found the uniforms loose a knew what I was going to do with them. I might re-dye them,they need to be more khaki/tan than the gray brown they are now. The cap also came from the Bugler,redyed and modified to look Russian. Despite the color,I am very happy with the way they came out.
AH! Thanks for the information. I had wondered if maybe they were Soldier Story Chinese uniforms but I wasn't sure.

·
Registered
2,151 Posts
Great work on your figures.
Those BBI russian sets are great. I have afew and really like the coats. I do wish they had added matching pants though. Btw what is that Fur hat called? I'm looking for a pattern to make a black fur one for one of my figs.
Thanks,
Paul

·
1,837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
tigerstripeblue said:
hmm...whats that russian movie?...9th company?6th?...how was that? i heard of a 'special edition' dvd of it in england...any word?..PKMs!..my kingdom for a PKM...or a 'plamya'!
9 ROTA aka 9th Company. An version with English subtitles is available thru www.russiandvd.com ....they out on Brighton Beach,NY.
That is one hell of a good movie. I must admit,I have been watching it the past few days and it got me motivated to post here.

·
Mandoll withdrawl
8,748 Posts
Great modifications to those SS Chinese parts, your Soviets look great. Sorry to fall in with the pack but I'm also oogling those PKMs as well.

Yeah I think its called an Ushanka as well. Don't know why or how I know that.

Sweet, finally English subs; I tried watching 9 ROTA in Russian, [with polish or something subs -_-] it kind of left me lost in the dark, but it was still pretty cool.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts