One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a SAFS in 1/6 and want to prime and paint. I know to use acrylic. Where can I find a good acrylic paint in spray can form that will not harm the model? Preferably something from a hardware store, as there are no model shops for about 60 miles in any direction from my home! I've seen some Krylon fusion and others at certain stores and auto shops, but I am apprehensive. Pointers pls!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks furious genius. I was hoping to find something at a hardware store in town rather than order online. I don't want to spend too much or wait! Is the Krylon Fusion for plastic okay? There are others in spray form that say they are made for vinyl (interior of car stuff). Do you know if this stuff is okay?

Yeah, it's my first real model, period! I know, it's a big bite right off the bat! The shoulder guards don't fit right, the thigh guards don't fit right... Putty time coming soon! I am honestly a bit overwhelmed!

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for your help fg. I will check the local hardware stores (we have ACE and Home Depot) for these paints in spray can form. We also have an AutoZone with some Duplicoat stuff that is made for soft vinyl. Duplicoat is a sister company of Krylon. I didn't know that until last night.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts