One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Unabashed 5.11 Junky
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any thoughts about how to add logos to existing gear? I've done a few, hand painting the UnderArmor logo on a t-shirt, the Oakley logo on goggles, but there's a few that I'd like to do that are a little more detailed and complex.

I could print the logos to paper in scale and simply trim it as close as I can, and glue it to the gear as desired, but that's not really the quality level that I'm looking for. Another idea I had was to create a stencil and spray paint it on, which would be difficult.

Any input would be great.

·
Social Misfit
1,355 Posts
The printing idea actually does workn if you have your settings set correctly. Highest quality print on your normal printer will do, just be careful with the glue not to smear the ink on the insignia/ logo. A high DPI printer may be able to do the job. On my Brothers in Arms "Mac" figure, thats what I did for the rank stripes- The only reason mine look bad is I was almost compeltley out of ink when I made them

·
Scratchbuilder
Action Figures
11,276 Posts
Pretty much its really simple. Head for ether Joe'Anns <sp>, Michaels, or Wal Mart to pick up printable Fabric. You can fine it in the Iron On Alley. Next, get your stuff ready for printing. I print around 400 to 600 DPI with a printer Setting at Best. Make sure you got enought Color in your printer to do this.

Next thing you can do is open up your photoshop then hit the Search Google site to fine patches. Work on a HIGH RESOLUTION field. About 800X800 and set your page size to 8wX11h short and simple 8X11. Then work with your patches. The scaling well be the tricky part so do only a few prints in your lowest settings of your printer. I normally leave it on Normal using a Xenon Printer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.