1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
167 Posts
I don't know the comic/anime or whatever this figure is based on, but I thought the headsculpt was fantastic! Lots of character in it. It really grabbed my attention.

·
Registered
5,657 Posts
Being quite fond of Warlock, I liked this a lot. Unlike Masamune's reaction the unusual headsculpt really struck me in a positive way because it conveys a kind of spiritual mystical somewhat vacant look that's totally appropriate to the character. Beautiful Cape! The skull clasp gets lost a bit, maybe it could be highlighted with a touch of paint or something.

I'm trying to remember which all the soul gems are, but in the last pic I suspect there shouldn't be a complete gauntlet and a gem on his forehead at the same time?

·
Evo-One
336 Posts
One awesomely done classic Adam Warlock! I however have to agree with Moonbase Alpha Male, you have to remove the soul gem from his forehead if you're going to have him wear the Infinity Gauntlet.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, thanks Moonbase, I too really dig the head sculpt and couldn't have put my feelings into words more articulately than you just did here. Thank you!

Yes, the bottom two pictures show the soul gem on his forehead while I was building the infinity gauntlet. Sorry for the confusion, but I wanted to show some of the process pictures. The top two pictures are complete.

The skull is a bit difficult to notice, good idea on the highlighting, I'll see what I can do. Maybe some blue dry brushing will make it pop more?

Being quite fond of Warlock, I liked this a lot. Unlike Masamune's reaction the unusual headsculpt really struck me in a positive way because it conveys a kind of spiritual mystical somewhat vacant look that's totally appropriate to the character. Beautiful Cape! The skull clasp gets lost a bit, maybe it could be highlighted with a touch of paint or something.

I'm trying to remember which all the soul gems are, but in the last pic I suspect there shouldn't be a complete gauntlet and a gem on his forehead at the same time?

·
Registered
202 Posts
The original warlock stories from the 1970s by Jim Starlin are some of the best stuff Marvel ever produced. There is definitely a nice consistency with the feel of those stories. There is also a bit of the original Gil Kane feel to your figure too. Overall, its a great job! Do a Pip the Troll too and you'll get a "I'm not worthy" from me! Thanks for sharing!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts