One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So this has been bugging me for a few months, and I've finally had enough and am making a post about it. Searched high and low, but what options do we have for stands for figures, vs you know, the mostly traditional/generic stands like these:

I know the Gundam people make some stands of varying degrees of movement like these

Is there anything like that for us?

Would like to have some more dynamic posing options, that aren't relying solely on the figure being able to support its own weight.

Further question, has anyone seen any custom stands I can gander at that might solve this issue?

Thanks guys.

·
OSW Admin staff
5,758 Posts
BBI used to have one as well as Armory, back in the day...I have a few of these small leg type stands made by Armory and they work well but they are sitting in a drawer...

Honestly I do not use stands...I pose my figures so that they can stand, if the body is too floppy to stand I fix it....:knock

The only one I actually liked was the clear plastic one that came with the Dragon figures, they worked well and we not noticeable :thumb

·
One Sixth Striker
998 Posts
I use V/Y shaped stands, good and stable enough to keep the figures in an upright position. Flying and kick action posing would be hard with those stands, but since I don't collect anything but military figures so it's good enough.

And then there's the cost factor... these aren't cheap, especially the HT ones, it's pretty ridiculous to spend 30-40 bucks on a single stand. The stands I used are from DAM and another unknown brand, made of metal, pricing around 2-3.5 bucks a pop, so that's okay. Not that cheap but acceptable. There are also doll stands made of plastic base and metal grip to grab around the figure waist, these can be found on eBay for around $1-1.5 a pop. But they are pretty flimsy, and can't support the weight of the figure or too short to hold the waist.

I wonder why we don't see that many option for figure stands out there, it's almost a commodity for figures collectors (to me at least =P)

·
Registered
2,946 Posts
There are these ones which have been sold under a variety of brands, but I find they sag after a while and don't hold. I've yet to find a stand I really like as a one size fits all as the different bodies these days don't always fit some of the styles of stands. You would think someone would have done so by now, but judging by the wholesale prices on stands versus their retails, and most retailers not ordering many/any there doesn't seem to be any money in it.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.