One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
With great honor, ACI Toys International has been authorized by Mr. Suwahara Hiroyuki, legendary Japanese illustrator of renown KOEI's games Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors, to produce a series of 1/6 scale collectible action figures from the Sengoku Period. Kicking off the series, we are pleased to bring you the mighty conqueror, warlord and general ~ Oda Nobunaga.

To bring Mr. Hiroyuki's illustration to life while staying truthful to history as much as possible, the ACI Team has invested a great deal in the research and development of the series, from armor design to weaponry, from head-sculpt to tailoring, no details has been left unchecked, for instance, Oda's sword is actually based on the "Heshikirihasebe", which is currently on display at the Fukuoka City Museum in Japan.

For hardcore Samurai fans and gamers, the DELUXE version comes with 3 special bonus parts that symbolized Oda's heroic legacy :
1) Matchlock gun -- as the leader of tanegashima infantry team
2) Haori (Samurai surcoat) -- the noble image as a daimyō who ruled most of the Japan from their vast, hereditary land holdings
3) "Tenka Fubu" Battle flag with stand -- meaning ""to rule all under heaven by force of arms/military might", the iconic war banner of Oda Nobunaga.

·
The Unspeakable
564 Posts
I. See. Bruce. Campbell.

Regardless, still super cool. Sign me up for one.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
Definitely a different take from the DID version I have, love that they included the ironically historically correct matchlock rifle! A lot of people don't realise that the Samurai did actually use them in their "final battle" and only rode out with bladed weapons after they ran out of black powder..at least that's what we are told now.

·
1:6 film/scifi/historical
11,540 Posts
What's this? Someone thinks an Asian headsculpt looks like a white guy?

What's next? Cats and Dogs living together?
To be fair he actually doesn't look Asian! That's a bit odd given the artist and source material, he looks a bit like a white guy trying to be Asian.

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Of course it's super nice, and I pray to the 1/6 God that it won't become another Samurai General, the price of which made it impossible for US retailers to compete with overseas sellers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
What about the horse ? Is it sold seperately or is bundled with the deluxe version ?
Anyway its gonna be the start of my samurai figures collections... great job ACI

·
ACI Toys
1,268 Posts
Hi there,
thanks for your support, the horse will be sold seperately soon.
:applause

What about the horse ? Is it sold seperately or is bundled with the deluxe version ?
Anyway its gonna be the start of my samurai figures collections... great job ACI

·
ACI Toys
1,268 Posts
This is actually from the illustration of a famous Japanese painter who responsible for many KOEI games and projects.
Those heroic and romantic images of Japanese medieval samurai are quite popular and welcomed by most people and fans in Asian markets especially the fans for all those Games.
We can imagine , which style of facial characteristics and height most customers and collectors be prefered to achieve a "good looking" action figures?
:wink

To be fair he actually doesn't look Asian! That's a bit odd given the artist and source material, he looks a bit like a white guy trying to be Asian.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Is there any evidence that Oda wore armor like this, in anything except the tv/movie version? Every historical site I can find shows very different armor (more like the DID version). the only sources that depict armor like this (more European in style?) are from TV stills.

Not complaining, I am asking because I am historically curious, and it would affect my decision to purchase. If this is a very historically accurate piece, I'll get it. If it's based on fantasy, I likely won't.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts