One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to buy one or possibly three of those figures from ACI Toys. Do any have experiences with those? Built quality how good?
Am I able to use Phicen bodies with those clothes that come with ACI figures, such as the Greek Hoplite. Not so much like ACI figures and arms look quite poor compared to Phicen bodies. With Knights this would not matter but with Hoplite and Roman Legion warriors it is bit annoying to see those arms. And if Phicen fits, what body should it be? M33 looks like it could fit?:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help:help

·
1:6 collector
2,105 Posts
Lookwise, for jointed hard plastic bodies, ACI bodies are actually pretty good. They can be very stiff-jointed sometimes, so you are well advised to use a hair drier. But I get the point, when one shows off elbows and knees, Phicen/TBLeague or Jiaou are preferable. The ACI armor will fit. The ACI tunics maybe, depending on which ones and how tight or wide they happen to be. You can "massage" the rubbery muscles into fitting through openings that would at first seem too tight -- to a point.
HERE is an example of an ACI hoplite armor set on a Phicen body (but the cape is from Star Ace and the tunic was made by me to be more accurate).

As far as choosing the right Phicen body, I recommend M32 (slimmer) or M33 (buffer); M31 is too skinny and often has problems; M30 is too short and possibly too buff; M34 is too buff unless you are doing Hercules-types.

PS - It just occurred to me, that if the tunic is too tight for the Phicen body (even if you "massage" the rubber muscles to squeeze into the sleeves, etc), you could make a straight cut through the tunic's right side (which would make it more accurate) and then find a way of attaching, tying, or even sowing it closed once it is on the body. With the armor on, it would not be visible anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just bought the Phicen M33 and also noticed the Hoplite costume comes without the figure so it's perfect. What about the head that comes with M33? Can the helmet from ACI costume fit?

·
2,105 Posts
Just bought the Phicen M33 and also noticed the Hoplite costume comes without the figure so it's perfect. What about the head that comes with M33? Can the helmet from ACI costume fit?
There is no head that comes with the M33 base body, unless you have purchased one of the package deals offered by some eBay sellers (or the like), where they are selling the body with an added head. So unless you specify what you got, I cannot answer your question, but most reasonably sized and short (or soft) haired heads should work.

A few more tips:

1. Avoid using the added ankle extenders that come with M33 -- yes they will make it taller but undermine the seamlessness (even if obscured by the greaves) and are bloody murder to ever take off (see my review HERE),

2. Leave your hoplite barefoot -- it would be more historically accurate (for Classical Greek hoplites, which is what these are) and it will spare you the torture of trying to lace into place what are essentially Roman caligae (marching boots),

3. If you bought the hoplite armor set and like mine your helmet comes misshapen (one of the cheek pieces was sticking far inward), you can train it back into place: heat it with a blow drier (or in hot water), stuff it with something (I used strips of foamie material) so that the misshapen part is pushed into the position where it should be, and stick it in the freezer of your refrigerator for a few hours. Then take it out, take out the stuffing, and hopefully the part will stay where it should (if not, repeat the process as needed).

Hope this helps. Enjoy your hoplite building and I hope you share the results here.

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,908 Posts
They're not bad but can be fragile. I would also say I think ACI has gone under....so look on ebay and grab a bargain as they're selling off the knights etc for like $90 free postage under a different name!

·
2,105 Posts

·
Respect, Honour, Courage
2,908 Posts

·
2,105 Posts
That's the one - they are also selling the Teutonic Knight, which was ACI but never released, and instead of the $200+ its about $100 I believe. Or are these just knock offs - I assumed they'd taken the factory stock, as not heard a thing from ACI in about a year at least.
That might explain why mine have been on preorder for such a long time. Earlier this year (or late last year maybe) the store from which I had pre-ordered announced that they have finally heard that shipment was imminent and asked to confirm whether or not those of us who had pre-ordered still wanted these products. But I haven't heard anything more for months.

·
Registered
1,814 Posts
That's the one - they are also selling the Teutonic Knight, which was ACI but never released, and instead of the $200+ its about $100 I believe. Or are these just knock offs - I assumed they'd taken the factory stock, as not heard a thing from ACI in about a year at least.
That might explain why mine have been on preorder for such a long time. Earlier this year (or late last year maybe) the store from which I had pre-ordered announced that they have finally heard that shipment was imminent and asked to confirm whether or not those of us who had pre-ordered still wanted these products. But I haven't heard anything more for months.
Educated guess is they are knockoffs. Which is common place where they get made.

A lot of vendors and wholesalers still sell ACI/WILDTOYS and are getting notices of up coming shipments.
I've also seen some social media posts showing finished figures in the boxes at a show of some kind.
So I don't think they're going under just yet...=]

They are however notoriously known for long delays
of finished products to the wholesalers & vendors.

Which means even longer delays before you get the finished product.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Educated guess is they are knockoffs. Which is common place where they get made.

A lot of vendors and wholesalers still sell ACI/WILDTOYS and are getting notices of up coming shipments.
I've also seen some social media posts showing finished figures in the boxes at a show of some kind.
So I don't think they're going under just yet...=]

They are however notoriously known for long delays
of finished products to the wholesalers & vendors.

Which means even longer delays before you get the finished product.
I don't know if they are knock offs or not but I received the Teutonic Knight yesterday and quality wise it appears to be identical to any other ACI piece I have. It's very basic, no additional hands etc and a little annoying there is no shield but I have extras lying around anyway.

Overall a great way to get some quality pieces on a budget.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts