One Sixth Warriors Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Before you get excited, check the dates. It's the greatest story never told - when ACE teamed up with a veteran of MACV-SOG - a decorated recon man... and then led him down the primrose path. Posted to show you guys "what could have been" if they'd actually bothered taking him to production.

Attachments

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Before the infamous events here, followed by Alan's move to 1:1 stuff, Toy Soldier released their Kenn Miller figure. Proof positive that such detailed figures could happen. That this figure stalled, is a sad thing to see, and shows what potential was lost. I wonder, would the bloopers and PRC-25 have been first time releases with The Frenchman, or had those already been started?

My compliments on your efforts, Ryan, and my sympathy for the ending. Thank you for sharing this with the rest of us.

·
Proudly Banned by OSS
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Too bad, looks like a promising figure. And with a good paint job, it might have looked right too, but hard to tell.
The big thing was getting the gear right. They nailed his equipment and set-up after a few interviews with the Frenchman. If the likeness wasn't perfect, it was understandable. They were working with 50-year old photos - mostly head on shots, few side views.

Before the infamous events here, followed by Alan's move to 1:1 stuff, Toy Soldier released their Kenn Miller figure. Proof positive that such detailed figures could happen. That this figure stalled, is a sad thing to see, and shows what potential was lost. I wonder, would the bloopers and PRC-25 have been first time releases with The Frenchman, or had those already been started?

My compliments on your efforts, Ryan, and my sympathy for the ending. Thank you for sharing this with the rest of us.
The M79 and PRC-25 were being created specifically for this figure. The Frenchman carried the radio on both of the teams he served on and the M79 was being built based on his own modified design.
If you want proof, I can actually cite an example. If you recall, the first figure to feature the PRC-25 (Kimber) had an anachronistic handset in its preview photos. They were able to swap handsets so quickly because they already had the finished CAD designs for the Frenchman's (period-correct) handset.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Waaaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! WHYYYYYYYYY???????
:cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry :cry

They would make me very happy if they would tackle an NVA figure, either the green or the black uniform, matters not to me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts