Project Delta B-52, 1969 "Bullseye"

Product Details:
100% hand-made realistic weathering
Head sculpt
Man Mk I body
Painted bare hands
Tiger stripe TADPOLE SPARSE PATTERN combat jacket
Tiger stripe TADPOLE SPARSE PATTERN combat trousers
Tiger stripe TADPOLE SPARSE PATTERN boonie hat (short brim)
Tee
Trouser belt
Towel
US jungle boots DMS spike protective panama sole
M1967 suspenders
M1967 individual equipment belt w/ davis buckle
M1967 20 rd ammo pouch x 4
M1967 compass pouch x 2
M1967 1 quart canteen cover x 2
1 quart canteen x 2
2 quart canteen cover 2nd Pattern
2 quart canteen
ARVN rucksack
USGI carabineer
Rope
M16 A1
20 rd magazines x 17 pcs
Emergency drinking water
AN-M8 HC smoke grenade
M18 smoke grenade green
M18 smoke grenade red
M18 smoke grenade yellow
M67 Grenade x 4

ETA: End of Nov 2013

·
Happy Hobbyist
105 Posts
Re: ace new product: Project Delta B-52, 1969 "Bullseye"

Finally! Really cool nam figure! A change of head maybe in order (its too small), otherwise its great. Why didnt I bought toysoldiers longgrear! His backpack and bar belt would look so cool with this guy. I hope it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
Re: ACE Works : Project Delta B-52, 1969 " Bullseye"

Now thats a figure I would buy right away. Looks really nice and the gear is amazing. Also, finally some decent tiger stripe uniform. Also, is that a ARVN Rucksack?

·
Registered
2,257 Posts

Another NAM figure - good stuff. Although I have to question the weathering on the M1967 nylon webgear - the way they have it weathered it looks like it's supposed to be made of canvas.

I wonder if we will be seeing a regular US Soldier and/or Marine from ACE too?

·
Funk Ninja
3,649 Posts

Niice! I wish we could see a new 'Nam release that had a helmet, though.
The gear and the figure look great, I'm excited for this.

·
Büchsenmacher
3,206 Posts

Not to bad...BUT why no ARMY Tropical Backpack with packframe

...and no M-34 WP Grenades and/or Serum Albinum Canister?

These were essential RECON Man items....LRRP Teams MAC-V SOG Teams used them!!!
...besides that...no knife...no strobelight/pouch...no gloves....I know this might sound picky...BUT with those items the figure would be complete.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Always happy to see more Vietnam! Lots of good bits here..

My concern is the Tigers are pretty baggy, they tended to fit a bit more tight on Americans. ACE Bodies are already big they will fit realy baggy on other figures..

I've got tons of the Hot Toys ARVN Rucksacks already, wish they had done the CIDG or Tropical one instead, but still it looks nicely done. And I'm sure people still need these..

The fit on the hat is real bad, but that could be an easy fix with a bigger head.

I wish we would stop getting modern era Trouser belts with our Nam figures. an accurate Army or Marine trouser belt can't be that hard to do..

I know I'm nitpicking, but I am excited to have someone doing Vietnam again!

·
wave man TDY staff
41,776 Posts
Danny, we're a bit spoiled, with the folks at 21C and Alan at Toy Soldier producing the classic Willie Pete grenade, and Alan released the serum can.
The web gear, tiger stripe uniform, boots and weapon, are all "in demand" items, but he could use those other essential bits of kit. As for the rucks, I think the locally made stuff was used a lot, but I can understand the basher's desire for US gear.

The one thing that sticks out for me, is the head and boonie (bush hat). As said before, the head looks small here (same sculpt as the SOG guy?), but I'm wondering if the boonie isn't a bit large? Maybe both, which wouldn't be a good thing. It seems to me that in most pics, the tiger boonies looked fairly small, not as large as the later OD jungle hat, or more so, the ERDL wide-brimmed hats.

Part of a recent conversation I had with Dave70b included the subject of members accepting a certain amount of shortcomings in almost every figure, and the problem of that being a norm. Given the lag time between figures being announced, and their arrival, I don't think it is unreasonable that these slips be eliminated.

It's great to see more Vietnam stuff, but getting it right makes the company look smart, and increases the happy customers.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
Properly fitting Boonie hats seems to be a problem with all 1/6 companies. Toy Soldier seemed to be the only one to get it a right on a consistent basis.

·
volunteercontentprovider
2,824 Posts
Very nice, now please do a grunt with a helmet, tropical ruck and frame, M16, claymore and pouch, etc.

Also, those rucks were nylon, not canvas. With all the polyester fabric kicking around these days surely it would be easier to get the look right than to get it wrong.

·
Hobby Military Advisor
1,079 Posts
From my understanding, the Tiger Stripe boonie hats often varied in size and shape because they often where produced from left over fabrics, thats why this one looks so small. As for the uniform cut: later uniforms where produced to fit Americans better, local made Tiger Stripes where often very form fitting. As I read it in the books I have, the tiger Stripe uniforms would be bought by the Special Forces Soldier himself and he would either buy local made uniforms or uniforms made by other nations who produced them. So color, fabric and cut all varied.

·
Registered
93 Posts
One of the best Vietnam product I've seen since started this hobby a couple of years ago! I was always envious of the folks who had the chance to lay their hands on Toy Soldier line quite some time back. Though I'm still hoping HT and SS will continue their Vietnam line too...

·
1/6 Junkie since 1998
20 Posts
So nice to see more Vietnam stuff coming out.....Please some one do a Vietnam Marine with all the gear....

·
Registered
345 Posts
a couple of things

1. Another arvn ruck? come on now stop that.

a cidg rucksack, a Tropical Rucksack, a Lightweight Rucksack with a slightly stronger frame than the ts ones. any one of those would have been better than another arvn ruck.

2. the tiger stripe color looks nice but it's a shame it was tailored for those giant gorilla arm bodies.

3. now it could just be the heavy weathering but the M1967 gear looks like it's made of cloth instead of the nylon it was supposed to be. would be kinda disappointed if it is cloth.

4. that compass/bandage is a bit over-sized.

anyway, i'm glad another company has picked up the nam torch but I'm not feeling this release.

·
RodrigoViali
520 Posts
Bad and good things...but I still want one....better one than none...still a nam figure....:woohoo

1 - 20 of 57 Posts